Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 09:15 AM

Clumsy or what?

Clumsy or what?

Yesterday I managed to trip over my washing basket in the kitchen!! .. Good thing I'm not going to be wearing any posh frocks over Christmas! I applied the dressings myself - not very neat but kept the blood from dripping all over..

I have tripped over many things - kerbs, paving slabs, stairs etc and now a washing basket!!! Resulting in many minor injuries but also broken ribs, toes, both ankles & 1 wrist.

Are some of us predestined to be clumsy I wonder?

People always tell me to be careful but I just don't know what I'm going to trip over next.

Do we have any clumsy clogs on here?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 10:18 AM

Re: Clumsy or what?

I am allergic to the glue on Elastoplast! No problem with other surgical tapes or bandaids. I itch just looking at your repairs.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 10:33 AM

Crikey Carol you have knocked yourself about, what did you land on, a pile of bricks or something...

Anyway, here's hoping nothing's broken and you feel better before long.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 10:42 AM

Aw Carol it's not your week is it with the other mishap, I find an ice pack in a tea towel helps with bruising.

Take care...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 11:10 AM

Ouch Carol!
Long woolly socks maybe? I have thick thermal socks and stout boots. So does my wife. Maybe not the most elegant if you are going to visit posh shops or your maiden aunt...........

But get well whatever footwear you choose!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 11:19 AM

That looks painful. Hope you heal soon.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 11:29 AM

Oh Carol, please be careful, my dearly departed sister was the clumsiest person I ever knew, she was forever falling over or tripping up. She once fell down the stairs and broke her shoulder!

Are you ok? I bet you were shook up.

Have you always been clumsy? I read somewhere once that it can be a co-ordination problem or sight.

Take care (hugs)
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 12:27 PM

I didn't used to be clumsy when I was younger - then when I was 50 I tripped up a kerb in my local town and broke an ankle. It's just carried on from there.

I don't know why really....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 12:34 PM

Gosh Carol, you're a danger to yourself! You have certainly knocked yourself about there.

I hope your legs heal soon and I don't envy you taking all those dressings off.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 12:38 PM

Hi

At least you solved it and kept your sense of humour Carol.

Good for you.

I am one some serious blood thinners and anti clotting medication.

The slightest knock gets me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top