Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 02:05 PM

Re: Okay ladies: What do I buy my wife for Christmas?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Wrap yourself up with a big bow and be her slave for the day!
Better still get her a subscription to Ashley Madison
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 02:15 PM

Hi

It is not really the issue as to what to buy her, it is far more important to consider what not to buy her.

A years subscription to Weight Watchers and 10 jars of Anti Wrinkle Cream may not be well received.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 02:32 PM

We don't buy presents for ourselves now, my Husband gives me money and my Husband will probably buy something for his Old Car on ebay.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not really the issue as to what to buy her, it is far more important to consider what not to buy her.

A years subscription to Weight Watchers and 10 jars of Anti Wrinkle Cream may not be well received.
I think you have got that right!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 02:38 PM

Buying perfume can be a risky business. I would never buy a woman perfume unless you know her preference.
We all have different taste and a perfume that smells nice on one person can smell like cats pee on another

I lothe musky perfumes prefering a light floral fragrance, so if you must buy perfume make sure you keep the receipt
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 02:50 PM

Now my husband has only half a working brain, our eldest girl takes him to do his Christmas shopping. I usually get given gadgets or items with my artwork printed on them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 03:33 PM

Thanks for all your replies, folks, some great ideas here and I'll just go through some of them (although I'm very grateful for them all)
Hi

A Spa Day?
I do like this idea a lot, Swimfeeders (in fact I could do with one myself!). Definitely worth looking into, thanks
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What are her main interests ?
Tidying up running after me Taking the grandkids out, and she reads a lot.
Originally Posted by Mags ->
Theatre tickets?
also a very good possibility, Mags. I'll see what's coming to Hull soon
Originally Posted by eccles ->
An annual subscription to her favourite magazine
A zoo keeper for the day? Pal of mine did this - for the summer - and loved it.
Is she into "experience" days?
What about a favourite song or poem enclosed in a picture? See Not on the High Street.
Perfume? Assuming you know her taste
Does she wear hate? You can buy some very stylish and completely rainproof ones now to keep her hands free instead of lugging a brolly round.
The magazine idea is a good call, Eccles. She buys People's Friend, so I'll definitely do that one
Originally Posted by summer ->
Favourite perfume maybe or what about a weekend break in somewhere like the Lakes or the Cotswolds for the two of you? Does she go to the beauticians? A gift voucher for a facial and manicure might be nice

You know the nicest gifts though are the ones you make yourself...cook her a romantic meal with candles and flowers and just a little gift prettily wrapped (perfume maybe) that would be my ideal gift.

Good luck
She's not big on perfume. She'll wear it occasionally, but a bottle of CK could last her years.
We're not the lovey dovey sort these days though, Summer, been and gone sadly, so cutesy presents with bows and trinkets she would probably see as a waste of money. And tell me so. But thanks anyway
Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
A gift card from a Maserati dealer? Just in case she doesn't like the model you would choose for her?
LOL! Wanna lend me the money bud? I may find a 3" Matchbox die cast version in the loft
Originally Posted by Missy ->
My favourite pressies are ones that are well thought out

Last year it was a second hand book, but by my favourite author and one I hadn't read

Another year it was a one cup cafetière , I love good coffee but only drink it rarely

Worse pressies for me are generic - perfume, choccies etc
I do notice the books she reads and last year it was an author called Mary Jane Staples, so I got onto Amazon and discovered she had written over 60 novels! I bought her a load of these and I believe she is still collecting them.

She doesn't drink coffee, unlike myself
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Floydy, can I suggest a new husband?

You have been married to her for a while, but obviously don't listen to her. She must have said, " ooh I like that" or " that is something I have always wanted".

If you know her well but are really confused, I would suggest a small token present with a little note inside promising to take her out to somewhere she would really love, after Christmas. How romantic would that be
Otherwise get her a pink t shirt, as a replacement for the one you stretched
Oh Twink, you are awful (but I like you)! I'm a lovely husband (I think). The pink t-shirt I stretched is fine now, after some careful ironing lol!
Originally Posted by TessA ->
Wrap yourself up with a big bow and be her slave for the day!
I'm already her slave, TessA
Hi

Quite! Or a new kettle or frying pan (to bash me on the head with)

Thanks very much peeps, keep 'em coming
Woody
USA
Woody is male 

14-11-2016, 04:16 PM

A gun?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 05:18 PM

Not in this country Woody.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 05:39 PM

You don't give a budget Floydy but a weekend break abroad would be nice and you could do it in the summer if she prefers hot weather. Here's a link to a company I used a few years ago which I can recommend.

http://www.weekendalacarte.co.uk/

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top