Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 12:21 AM

Re: What musical instrument do you play?

I used to play a flageolet (penny whistle) many years ago to copy parts of Mike Oldfield's Hergest Ridge album and some Irish style tunes ala The Chieftans. Could also play the flute (which I've still got). Have probably lost the knack now.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What does paper and comb mean rhosyn?

If I may. Think of a Kazoo.

In this case, it's a piece of greaseproof paper stretched over a hair comb, the paper vibrates when you make sounds on it with your mouth.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 12:58 AM

Guitar pretty badly.
Otherwise, I have played with my ORGAN a bit recently.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 01:43 AM

Guitar in my youth and piano . Got rid of my piano about 2 yrs ago. Had it since I was seven years old. Quite an emotional severance.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:25 AM

I bought myself a ukulele over a year ago and have been trying to learn to play by watching youtube, without much luck. I've just started going to a ukulele group, but still struggling, i've got small stubby fingers and can't hold the right strings down. I bought bongo drums last year, on impulse in Lidl and hardly got them out of the box yet.
So i'm going to try harder to learn both. After an accident the fingers on my right hand don't move properly, so i'm limited in things i could play.
jinglebells
New Member!
lincs. UK
jinglebells is female 

09-03-2018, 11:38 AM

Sadly I can't play any musical instruments though I did have piano lessons as a child. I didn't enjoy them purely and simply because the teacher had such awful BO I couldn't bear to be sitting next to her! I was 6 and didn't dare say anything to anybody but I acted up so much when it was time to go to the lesson that my mother got fed up with me and cancelled them. If I had actually said why I didn't want to go then she may have found me a sweet smelling teacher! My loss! My father was a very good piano player and actually played accordion in a band when he was younger, though he couldn't read music. He just needed to hear something and he could play it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:52 AM

I used to sing and play in a band in a former life. Had a lovely 70's Les Paul. I still have a cheap leccy guitar but don't get to play that much.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 03:33 PM

Thank you Judd for explaining the paper and comb,
I can remember playing the triangle in the school "orchestra".
It's not true that all Welsh people can sing-I can't hold a tune but I do know the words!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I used to play the piano a bit as a child.
Wish I had kept it up now, as I still like piano music.
I like it also Mups....my sister used to play when we were children. We would play chopsticks together. I did the small part, haha
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I play the piano or did no longer have a piano .
At school played the cello.
For years I tried to play the guitar and eventually accepted I would never make a guitar player and sold the guitar .
Muddy, I am sorry to hear you gave up guitar. It is so much fun. I took lessons....but I found later, I just liked to strum a lot......

I like listening to the cello. I had a friend who played.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top