Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 06:51 PM

Who Is The Thickest Person In The Room? It’s Me!

Have you ever been in a store and suffered a ‘brain fade’?

Well, l did this afternoon in Waitrose. I had gone there for their lovely ‘Essentials’ cheddar cheese that is on offer at the moment. The Castillo creamy blue cheese and Waitrose pate are also on offer.

It’s a lovely day and l thought, when l get home, l’d like to sit outside with the blue cheese and pate with savoury biscuits but wouldn’t it be nice with a nice glass of red wine.

I went to the wine section and many of the wines were on offer, either 25% or a third off a bottle. Well, l stood there and couldn’t think which was the best offer, 25% or a third off! My mind just went blank!

Anyway, my brain eventually kicked in....but l chose the 25% off a South African Boschendal Shiraz/ Sauvignon Cabernet.

Has your brain ever gone blank on something that should’ve been so simple to work out?

PS. I haven’t opened the wine yet, l hope it will be nice!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Re: Who Is The Thickest Person In The Room? It’s Me!

Wot !
run that by me again
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Wot !
run that by me again
Muddy?

Where do l know you from?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 07:09 PM

Boschendal Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon

http://www.waitrosecellar.com/all-wi...ernet-sauvgnon

This full-bodied red is deliciously spicy and full of smoky red-fruit flavours. Boschendal is one of South Africa’s oldest wineries, which draws on its French viticultural heritage in the creation of its wines.Enjoy with a classic beef stew.
I don't drink much wine nowadays but, when I did, I always enjoyed a full-bodied red .....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 07:26 PM

I am permanently faded.
I sometimes forget what day it is.
BUT!!!! I NEVER forget my wine, that may come as surprise to many.
I prefer white wine, red just fades me away.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Boschendal Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon

http://www.waitrosecellar.com/all-wi...ernet-sauvgnon

I don't drink much wine nowadays but, when I did, I always enjoyed a full-bodied red .....
Thanks for that, Omah. I have some steak, so l might have that first!
I have just opened the wine, it was a cork not a screw top which is fairly rare these days!

I have just had a quick slurp and it’s very nice but l think it needs to breathe a bit!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 07:28 PM

Fades you away , what do you mean honey ,do tell ?
x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Fades you away , what do you mean honey ,do tell ?
x
Like this -

Could be a smoke screen
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Have you ever been in a store and suffered a ‘brain fade’?

Well, l did this afternoon in Waitrose. I had gone there for their lovely ‘Essentials’ cheddar cheese that is on offer at the moment. The Castillo creamy blue cheese and Waitrose pate are also on offer.

It’s a lovely day and l thought, when l get home, l’d like to sit outside with the blue cheese and pate with savoury biscuits but wouldn’t it be nice with a nice glass of red wine.

I went to the wine section and many of the wines were on offer, either 25% or a third off a bottle. Well, l stood there and couldn’t think which was the best offer, 25% or a third off! My mind just went blank!

Anyway, my brain eventually kicked in....but l chose the 25% off a South African Boschendal Shiraz/ Sauvignon Cabernet.

Has your brain ever gone blank on something that should’ve been so simple to work out?

PS. I haven’t opened the wine yet, l hope it will be nice!
You had the choice of 25% off or one third off?

And you chose the 25% off?

You did not choose wisely!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:35 PM

I often go to the fridge for something, but can't remember what for!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top