Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 06:44 AM

A new oil field !

This is brilliant - why are we not doing this?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/qGGabrorRS8?rel=0
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 08:09 AM

Re: A new oil field !

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
This is brilliant - why are we not doing this?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/qGGabrorRS8?rel=0
That really is amazing. So simple an idea with huge potential. Should think it will catch on like wild fire .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 10:40 AM

What a fabulous idea! I would tend to trust the Japanese and their technology as they seem to so far ahead of everyone else. Plastics are a huge problem so what could be better than reusing it for fuel provision. I would bet though that once the oil moguls see it as a threat, all manner of horror stories will emerge but he had a nice, trustworthy face and his motives came from a good, decent and honest base.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
What a fabulous idea! I would tend to trust the Japanese and their technology as they seem to so far ahead of everyone else. Plastics are a huge problem so what could be better than reusing it for fuel provision. I would bet though that once the oil moguls see it as a threat, all manner of horror stories will emerge but he had a nice, trustworthy face and his motives came from a good, decent and honest base.
Terrible to think that such an idea could be quashed and made to gather dust by oil companies awash with money and wanting more. How awful is that. Such a terrible indictment on the way us human beings conduct our business now. Profit, proft and more profit and to hell with the consequences and your fellow man. Something is radically wrong with the way the world runs that is for sure .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 04:38 PM

I couldn't agree with you more Mark
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 07:24 PM

The oil companies will all be fighting over that huge island of plastic in the Atlantic! I hope someone takes notice of this. Couldn't we do it ourselves at home to run our cars & heating like they do with chip oil?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

13-08-2013, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
The oil companies will all be fighting over that huge island of plastic in the Atlantic! I hope someone takes notice of this. Couldn't we do it ourselves at home to run our cars & heating like they do with chip oil?
That went through my head as well - we hear of very clever people who come up with ideas then suddenly, you never hear of it again; it makes you wonder if they're invention has been bought by the oil magnates in order to bury it.

I wish I was brainier in the field of science - then I'd have a go myself at setting a trial one and seeing how it goes!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 02:23 PM

It is a good idea but one drawback, you need an awful lot of plastic waste to run a family car.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Sounds a great idea, but I'd be interested to know how much energy is required to melt the plastic.....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 03:42 PM

I always wondered why they couldn't do that with plastic before, anytime I throw a plastic wrapper or bag into the fire the oil in it burns for ages, all that energy going to waste. nice to see it being used, they are forever telling us how much it's costing us to dispose of plastic waste.
I remember reading a story in the paper back in the early 60's about this chap who invented a process of converting sea water into a liquid fuel capable of powering almost every type of motor engine, for a few cents a gallon, he even demonstrated it to the US Navy, needless to say he was never heard of again, three things go through my mind here, he was paid off handsomely, he was bumped off, or he became a monk and took a vow of silence. .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top