Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 04:03 PM

Re: TV licence fee

Think I'll stick with the licence fee ............
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 04:18 PM

i had a friend install a program called Kodi-tvmc on my pc and all i can say is wow.

Even at my age im finding some wonderful new programs on the worlds tv system,something called "falling skies" another one called "the last ship" and lots more that i am now hooked on.

Theres nothing remotely entertaining on our own uk tv system at all nowadays.

Definately worth checking out that Kodi TVMC program,makes the internet useful to me now,has always been for shopping or moaning on forums up till now..

oh wait... heheh.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 05:33 PM

hi Greg.....do these programmes have subtitles please?
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 05:56 PM

hi chap,yes a lot of the films and tv programs have options for subtitles and some places are hard coded into the screen.
its fairly easy to get around in it and theres a good forum to get help if needed.
plus i think theres somewhere linked to them to get subtitle files and add them,in lots of different languages.

its new to me still and due to the staggering amount of addins that you just load into it im still learning it as well.

i even found a site that has all the old b/w westerns,brilliant.

best of all for a tightwad like me is its all free.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:03 PM

cheers mate......will give it a try
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:24 PM

I don't mind paying the licence fee myself when I am 75, it is no worse than paying it now.

As for the BBC, I think it is still excellent and always has been and worth every penny of the licence fee.

I have radio 4 on the radio from the moment I wake and it is the last thing I hear at night.

If there is an event of national importance or just the everyday news it is the BBC I turn to, nothing can match it for me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't mind paying the licence fee myself when I am 75, it is no worse than paying it now.

As for the BBC, I think it is still excellent and always has been and worth every penny of the licence fee.

I have radio 4 on the radio from the moment I wake and it is the last thing I hear at night.

If there is an event of national importance or just the everyday news it is the BBC I turn to, nothing can match it for me.

So right - no one does documentaries like the BBC either .........
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 10:25 PM

The TV licence is free here when you reach 66.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 12:35 AM

Do you get all the bbc programmes Jem?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Do you get all the bbc programmes Jem?
Yes indeed we do Twiz, plus ITV, CH 4, and all the rest of what you get there.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top