Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:37 PM

Re: Lovely Junk food

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
As an antidote to all the New Year's dieting advice, lets list all that lovely junk food, cakes and chocolate that we love.

I have just discovered Jammy Waggon Wheels.
In a far distant time, I used to make Wagon wheels and Jammie Dodgers.

It was so long ago, they actually used butter in the Jammie Dodgers. The taste of them as they came off the cooling oven was so delectable, I can almost remember it now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
In a far distant time, I used to make Wagon wheels and Jammie Dodgers.

It was so long ago, they actually used butter in the Jammie Dodgers. The taste of them as they came off the cooling oven was so delectable, I can almost remember it now.
I love the way biscuits melt in the mouth when they are warm.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 12:46 PM

One of my faves was a wagon wheel that had missed its top so the chocolate had coated over the mallow. One of those out off the cooling oven was like being in seventh heaven, lol.

Garibaldi straight off the cooling belt was gorgeous, too.

Trouble is when you've worked in it anything out of a packet after tastes stale.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I know folks probably won't believe this, but am I the only person in the world who has never even been into a McDonalds?
No you're not, neither have I.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 07:02 PM

Trifle for me, I love it. Christmas time is trifle time in our house
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Trifle for me, I love it. Christmas time is trifle time in our house
Cedronella ,I have a Birds trifle in the cupboard waiting to be made up...I used to love their sherry flavoured ones but Birds stopped making those
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 07:35 PM

I didnt know that Aysa, I wonder why. I make my own but it is a faff to do, so thats why I only make the effort at Christmas.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I didnt know that Aysa, I wonder why. I make my own but it is a faff to do, so thats why I only make the effort at Christmas.
It was by far their best flavour Cedronella...I suppose I could still add some sherry to the custard but not really sure if the jelly would set if I added some to that ... These companies usually discontinue the very things that you enjoy most I find
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
It was by far their best flavour Cedronella...I suppose I could still add some sherry to the custard but not really sure if the jelly would set if I added some to that ... These companies usually discontinue the very things that you enjoy most I find
Add the sherry to the sponges at the bottom of the trifle - that way it won't stop anything from setting.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
Which planet is this cause the earth one tastes pretty good to me and so does Domino. Papa John's now that sucks, the taste buds said, no.
That's not pizza! The best places for pizza are little "mom & pop" hole-in-the-wall joints. Not chain restaurants like Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top