Join for free
Page 10 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 07:22 PM

Re: Farage being sued!!!

Originally Posted by fender ->
Agreed Barry,

I don't think he stirs hatred at all.
He's just opposed to the all controlling EU and uncontrolled immigration. I really struggle to see why anyone would be adverse to controlled immigration?
Originally Posted by fender ->
You just have a way with words Morty.....
Some you attributed to Barry
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 07:25 PM

I had noticed but expected Mort to correct him.

Keep taking the tablets Fender....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

Just took one mate - a strong one....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 07:28 PM

Hee..hee.. I don't mind if you don't mind Barry. I'll claim your posts ... which were rather impressive.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hee..hee.. I don't mind if you don't mind Barry. I'll claim your posts ... which were rather impressive.
Thank you Mort, we do what we can...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 08:45 PM

Not really sure which side you are on here Julie, in most of your posts you defend Farage but now you thank Azz for fighting the good fight? You've lost me somewhere...
I disagree with azz about farage but he I believe has same views as me on racism, islamaphobia, gay rights etc. I like to think everyone does but my time here has shown not so.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I disagree with azz about farage but he I believe has same views as me on racism, islamaphobia, gay rights etc. I like to think everyone does but my time here has shown not so.
These words are bandied about as a means to stifle debate more often than not. Phobic this or phobia that. This is a very modern practice and one that is being systematically taken apart as more and more can see it for what it is - a form of censorship.

The pendulum is swinging the other way and people are getting more and more fed up of these labels. The PC Brigade have had their day in my opinion. Evidence of this all across the world. Goes hand in hand with other such measures that people are finally seeing through hence the rise of Populism. Contradiction really as another label for another movement but there is also the rise of the right who have had more than enough of these debate killing tactics.

Talking about debate killing tactics we should all be worried about censorship of the news and media by the EU. These will feature high on the list for sure and are already taking shape. I wouldn't be surprised if some form of blasphemy laws were introduced at some point - for both religion and for talking down the EU. They will use any means they can to dumb down the population so they do not see, or hear, what is really going on.

'Hate Speech' controls are taking shape as I write this. Great way to remove dissenting information from the internet.

I just hope Europe has enough time to shrug of the behemoth (EU) before all news and media is influenced to such an extent no-one sees the truth. It can happen and does happen in other parts of the world. I would say it will happen if the EU in its present form isn't defeated.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 12:11 AM

If nobody safeguards tolerance, the pendulum can swing all the way round so we end up like an extreme islamic state here with the death penalty, homophobia, no religious freedom and xenophobia. The world can end up like that of Game of Thrones.

People struggled for 50 years behind the iron curtain for open borders, freedom to worship, free speech and a free market. We rejoiced when they overthrew communism and now we are embracing the idea of raising borders, banning some religions, getting rid of human rights, letting the state go through our private conversations, etc. Some of the conspiracy theories abounding now are very similar to the approaches utilised by commie propaganda. It's all manipulation. The best approach is to take everything with a pinch of salt including conspiracy theories telling you the earth is flat.

We seem to be entering an anarchy-driven world where nothing is as it seems. I can't see what good that will bring. But it's certainly fueling what I see as hate speech, divisions and anger. Sold as a new kind of freedom but really it's just a self imposed prison.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But he only used these words to blame it too a single person who he did not agree with.

Best of my knowledge Farage has never said that so nothing to do with being Islamophobic or about.gay rights...might have a case for so called racism because he wants secure boarders but don't buy he is a racist.

The left wing bigots always shout PC words to try to make their point.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
These words are bandied about as a means to stifle debate more often than not. Phobic this or phobia that. This is a very modern practice and one that is being systematically taken apart as more and more can see it for what it is - a form of censorship.

The pendulum is swinging the other way and people are getting more and more fed up of these labels. The PC Brigade have had their day in my opinion. Evidence of this all across the world. Goes hand in hand with other such measures that people are finally seeing through hence the rise of Populism. Contradiction really as another label for another movement but there is also the rise of the right who have had more than enough of these debate killing tactics.

Talking about debate killing tactics we should all be worried about censorship of the news and media by the EU. These will feature high on the list for sure and are already taking shape. I wouldn't be surprised if some form of blasphemy laws were introduced at some point - for both religion and for talking down the EU. They will use any means they can to dumb down the population so they do not see, or hear, what is really going on.

'Hate Speech' controls are taking shape as I write this. Great way to remove dissenting information from the internet.

I just hope Europe has enough time to shrug of the behemoth (EU) before all news and media is influenced to such an extent no-one sees the truth. It can happen and does happen in other parts of the world. I would say it will happen if the EU in its present form isn't defeated.
Hi

All societies have censorship in one form or another, it prevents anarchy.

Without censorship, might is right, the thugs rule.

The trick is to ensure that the censorship is controlled, reasonable and adequate.

Any sane person has self imposed censorship in their lives, it is how society operates.

You may think that your neighbour is a complete and utter prat, they probably are, but it is sometimes sensible not to tell them so everyday, particularly in front of others.

That just leads to trouble, which affects your life as much as theirs.

I know one police officer who is a complete prat, if she stops me for speeding I would not launch into a tirade telling her so as she would spend ages looking for something else to get me for.

That is sensible, there are other ways of dealing with her.

Censorship is misused as much by the left wing as it is by the right wing, it is not there to impose a system of views, it is there to prevent abuse of individuals or groups.

Unfortunately, the social inadequates feel free to post all sorts of rubbish on the Internet in the belief that they are safe behind a keyboard.

I have a simple rule about censorship and the Internet.

Never post anything on line that you are not prepared to say face to face someone.

If you hate people with ginger hair and want them wiped off the face of the earth, then fine, walk up to Danny and tell him.

That would be fun.

If you think all Muslims are scum and Islam should be abolished, then fine, walk up to some of my Ex Staff and tell them that you think their kids are all scumbags.

It would be an enlightening experience, not a nice experience, but a most interesting one.

The Internet is a very valuable thing, it is also a dangerous thing, Keyboard warriors being the most dangerous of all.

Page 10 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top