Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 10:59 AM

Re: If I Asked You For Quid For A Cup Of Tea? Would You Hand One Over?

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Of course I would, Art; in fact, I would give you enough for a sandwich and a nice cream bun besides.

PS. Sorry to hear about your financial situation.
Harbal, You are so kind, especially when my favourite sandwich is filled with caviar.
Please could l have a cream doughnut instead of a bun?

Yes it’s tragic that my financial situation is so unfortunate...
I could forward my bank details if you like... maybe you could treat your contributions to me as a covenant and get tax relief?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:01 AM

The shape of many coins are of the Reuleaux category, and not simply a "curvy" polygon.

This means that, like a circle, they have a constant diameter which means that they'll alway fit a coin slot no matter which way you try to slide it in.

There are similar 3D polyhedra, which can act as thought they are spheres.

Art, I would make you sit through all of that (nad possibly more) so that you get a sense that at least you earned it
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Ahhh thank you both. So a quid is similar to our Canadian toonie which is equal to a dollar.

Corrr Bratti, Your coins are a bit more flash than ours!
If they are of less value than ours, l’d be pleased to accept two, or maybe three of them!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I bought her a cake and a sandwich, sheba.
That's why I'm only buying her a cake Harbal, because I figured she'd be too full up to eat another sandwich as well
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2021, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Definitely. And I would probably get a cuppa for myself and buy us both a cake, then sit together and have a natter

Oh Bathsheba, you are so kind.

I am sure we would have lots to talk about.... you know... riveting stuff, like masks, bolts etc etc..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:05 AM

On the odd occasion some low life has asked me for money the answer is always no. NOBODY in the UK needs to live on the street. It is 100% a choice they have made in order to buy drugs or drink.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2021, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Absolutely Arty, I once helped to pay for a ladies shopping when she came up short at the till in Tesco and started to take items out of her trolley. I was behind her in the queue and we'd have been there all day if I hadn't...
Oh, Foxy that was so lovely and kind of you too.

So, if you were behind me in Harrods and l couldn’t find my credit card or purse, would you help me out?

I’d tell you, you had nice legs if you did!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:10 AM

I would give you a cuppa and cake, and then go back to my book.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2021, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
The shape of many coins are of the Reuleaux category, and not simply a "curvy" polygon.

This means that, like a circle, they have a constant diameter which means that they'll alway fit a coin slot no matter which way you try to slide it in.

There are similar 3D polyhedra, which can act as thought they are spheres.

Art, I would make you sit through all of that (nad possibly more) so that you get a sense that at least you earned it
Dextrous, You’re a hard man!! I am just a damsel in distress!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2021, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
That's why I'm only buying her a cake Harbal, because I figured she'd be too full up to eat another sandwich as well

Couldn’t I just have the money instead?

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top