Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:16 AM

Re: Are You Enjoying The Euphoria?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Barry, What is happening at the moment is more than that. It’s people coming together, being happy and enjoying the camaraderie.
And I'm very happy for them, but I'm afraid it's all a mystery to me..
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:19 AM

I'm pleased for the football fans and for England as the country needs a boost but as for me I'm happy in my silence and not one bit interested in the noise and yelling.

I know , I know , I'm just a grumpy ole woman
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:26 AM

d00d, What those young kids have achieved since the start of the tournament is worth a celebration.
They have lifted the mood of the country.
What country?

OK, it's news headlines, but it's only a game.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I'm pleased for the football fans and for England as the country needs a boost but as for me I'm happy in my silence and not one bit interested in the noise and yelling.

I know , I know , I'm just a grumpy ole woman

That's how I feel too, Susan. It's all the noise I don't like either, as well as grown men's adolescent behaviour. So that makes us both grumpy ole women then.

Don't know if we should call it 'euphoria' or 'hysteria.'
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's how I feel too, Susan. It's all the noise I don't like either, as well as grown men's adolescent behaviour. So that makes us both grumpy ole women then.

Don't know if we should call it 'euphoria' or 'hysteria.'
Or Xenophobia?

UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

08-07-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I don't feel it was a deliberate dive but more just a fall. Whether that fall was the result of a foul will be debated. It's a pity there is that doubt. A win without it would have been better.
I think it all works out in the wash, mart.

In any game, both sides try to play their little tricks on the referee. Perhaps referees could start handing out yellow cards for this kind of behaviour, I don't know.

Denmark weren't completely innocent though. For example, what about the pass back to Kaspar Schmeichel within the first few minutes? As I understand it, England should have been awarded an indirect free kick just outside the six yard box. Instead, the referee waved 'play on'!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Or Xenophobia?

Nah, I just don't like football, and all the peculiar behaviour it brings out in some people, Ted.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 11:37 AM

Well that is Sundays TV viewing messed up because of football. I would rather watch TIK TOK items then a few men running about in a field kicking a ball about
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 11:58 AM

Couldn't care less. Really.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

08-07-2021, 12:13 PM

I think the recent England football team success has brought such joy to the nation. It’s just what the doctor ordered after long, dismal months of Lockdown.
It is such a tonic for the young and older people.

So l ask, are you enjoying the euphoria at the moment? Or aren’t you bothered, preferring to close your eyes and ears to it all?
You're absolutely right, Artangel. I am enjoying it immensely!

My morale was significantly increased after the Germany game. Last night's game was a bit scruffy, but I think it was a fair result in the end.

Football is not all about loud male fanatics seeking to assert their national superiority using a football team as a medium. There is lots of geniune passion for the game itself. Having a team to support is of course a great bonus, but we must all remain aware that the losing team and its fans have feelings.

Also, I believe that the vast majority of the players themselves really do care about their fans. You can see this in the behaviour of a player who has just scored. He always wants to go to his fans first before celebrating with his team mates.

Don't know whether you saw the footage on the news this morning of Mason Mount giving his shirt to the little girl with her Dad in the crowd? This is what football is all about!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top