Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:24 AM

Do You Have An Alter Ego?

Or would you like one?

You could use it as a bit of escapism. You could even let it join a forum and be able to argue, or compliment yourself!

If you had one, what sort of character would it be?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:32 AM

Re: Do You Have An Alter Ego?

Crikey, I have a hard enough time dealing with myself, I couldn't cope with another type of "me"!!
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Or would you like one?

You could use it as a bit of escapism. You could even let it join a forum and be able to argue, or compliment yourself!

Do you have one Artie?
I've enjoyed my female version since I first found on-line forums, mainly as a bet between friends way back in 2003/4 and she has never been sussed as being owned & maintained by a male. Obviously, it was a tad difficult to start off with but with a few guide lines gleaned from studying others, I soon got into the swing of things. In a way, it's like having two brains with differing views and ways of approaching different subjects. She also made me more aware of female ways of thinking and as such I am probably more assimilated in my mind as a whole than before when I was only required to see things from a single sexed (male) aspect. Maybe raising four daughters helped too.
One draw back is trying to operate in both modes with just a single computer, but once two are up and running, the whole aspect becomes much easier and maintaining my alter ego became second nature.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:12 AM

I often think that I would like to alter my ego, does anyone
on here have a foolproof method for doing this?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:17 AM

You could use it as a bit of escapism. You could even let it join a forum and be able to argue,
What a good idea, I never thought of that, Art.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:38 AM

Religious leaders might be thought to have an alter ego.

Edit: Being serious (possibly), I think our personalities and attitudes change depending on who we are with, so maybe we all have alter egos.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:08 AM

Or would you like one?

If Alter Ego means another personality, I don't want one.

Some of the most exciting Movies involve nutters with two personalities!

I have enough trouble just managing one!

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:36 AM

The only alter egos I prefer are the characters in my writing. It’s great to really let go with their actions and words!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:39 AM

I'm off out as a shrunken old git in raincoat and flat cap. I've got my free travelcard, hope the youngsters will show some respect and let me on the bus first, offer a seat.

It's not the real me of course.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:47 AM

You bet. I’m a total brat, hence the name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top