Join for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2013, 10:32 PM

Missing navigation bar

I spent ages tonight going through my PC setting trying to work out where the black navigation bar under the address bar has gone

In the end I did a Google search for a solution only to find that over the last few days Google has removed the black strip and replaced it with a little square. This 'new feature' is being rolled out to everyone.

I do wish Google would put a temporary notice on the screen when they change features.

Information here..
http://googleatuob.blogs.ilrt.org/20...r-google-apps/
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 12:57 AM

Re: Missing navigation bar

That's strange Meg because every time over the last week when I went into Google Mail a box has come up saying that it's changing to click on the grid. So I did today and all was explained and then the box disappeared.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 01:43 AM

Don't know if this is the same sort of thing or not, but tonight I upgraded my AVG to the 2014 version. However, when I'd finished the re-start, my toolbar at the top where it says File, Edit, View etc had disappeared, as had the "saved" favourites on the bar below.

Couldn't figure it out because although I could get online, I couldn't get into anything, not My Favourites, not even email, so I phoned my friend up the road and she came and sorted it for me by doing a few clicky things!

I never use Google for anything, but AVG had updated and given me a Google tool-bar, which Lesley got rid of for me. It also gave me a Google Home Page, which I didn't want as I wanted me Dogpile back, so she sorted that for me as well in a matter of minutes. Grrrr! So frustrating, or what?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 08:16 AM

Hi, I have AVG. When you install any of these things nowadays they seem to be all twinned with another company. It generally has a small line of the other company and is already ticked that you want it. You need to just unclick it then it cannot download the other company or maybe companies.
I cannot put Adobe Flash player on my PC as its got Norton connected to it and my AVG refuses to be wiped off by that. I cant play my bingo now as it needs AFP to work. So if you don't know much about computer things
nowadays you can be forced to have someone else even though you never asked for them. Annoys me anything like that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top