Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 06:08 PM

Re: US trade deal

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Because france and Ireland don't want imports of beef from Argentina competing directly with their beef exports within the CAP.

Less sales of beef from france affect their farmers markets
I only buy local beef from Sussex and dexter hergds and Argentinian beef for the cuts I cannot get locall
I don’t buy a French or Irish beef
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I only buy local beef from Sussex and dexter hergds and Argentinian beef for the cuts I cannot get locall
You can afford to eat beef? Luxury!
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
It’s not that expensive if you use it wisely

I bought an 8lb rib of beef last Saturday, cost £54

There’s only two of us so we had a roast on Sunday, cold slices with bubble and squeak on Monday, cold slices again on Tuesday with Salad, minced the rest and made two cottage pies and three lasagna’s as we have a glut of tomato’s at present. These were all then frozen

So that’s 16 meals where the meat was under £3.40 a portion

Oh, and the bones are kept to make stock

So luxury? Possibly as beef was tasty and tender, but also very affordable
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The mercosur deal will be discussed in europarliament in 2020. After acceptance it will have to be ratifyed in member state parliaments. Might well be 2021. Why do you think closing a trade deal takes so many years. Ratification by france or any other country is not on the order for a long time.
The two years foreseen in the transition period to close a deal between the EU and UK might well be too short. So the backstop will kick in. A deal with the UK will also have to be ratifyed by 27 member state parliaments.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Eh? Life without meat each day would be intolerable surely? Beef, lamb and pork all seem to cost about the same these days.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Eh? Life without meat each day would be intolerable surely? Beef, lamb and pork all seem to cost about the same these days.
No it's far better and healthier IMO since my family followed me into vegetarianism they have all lost weight look happier and healthier, husbands blood pressure gone down and he isn't nearly as grumpy as he was becoming. Cannot recommend vegetables enough and we don't eat meat replacements just proper vegetables, cheese, eggs and milk, pasta and rice and bread. Lovely stuff.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No it's far better and healthier IMO since my family followed me into vegetarianism they have all lost weight look happier and healthier, husbands blood pressure gone down and he isn't nearly as grumpy as he was becoming. Cannot recommend vegetables enough and we don't eat meat replacements just proper vegetables, cheese, eggs and milk, pasta and rice and bread. Lovely stuff.
We have a vegetarian day each week to help keep the weight down
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:48 AM

We have a vegetarian day each week to help keep the weight down
That's sort of how we started one day a week they'd eat my meals then it became two, three, four and suddenly they hadn't eaten or missed meat in about 4 months. No pressure they can have meat if they want but they aren't as far as I am aware bothering.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's sort of how we started one day a week they'd eat my meals then it became two, three, four and suddenly they hadn't eaten or missed meat in about 4 months. No pressure they can have meat if they want but they aren't as far as I am aware bothering.
I must admit, I would miss fish more than meat if it came to the choice.

But I can't have a vegetarian curry, thats the one thing I could never have - I need my Lamb Dansak !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-08-2019, 10:55 AM

I must admit, I would miss fish more than meat if it came to the choice.

But I can't have a vegetarian curry, thats the one thing I could never have - I need my Lamb Dansak !
My husband thought he would miss bacon as that was his love but he hasn't mentioned it and I've found a smoked cheese he loves he says more than bacon. But I don't think there is anything wrong with eating some meat. I just think some people eat too much of it to be either healthy or sustainable.

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top