Join for free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 12:53 PM

Duchess of Cambridge

I noticed that yahoo are running a feature on Kate today

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/kate-m...081831350.html

Do you think that she has the same charisma that Diana had when it comes to trying to distract the public?

I like reading the comments made by others on those pages to guage a sense of the country's feelings and most seem a bit agitated that such a frivolous item has been aired the day after a young man was murdererd in London. Do you agree with that concern or do you feel that life goes on?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 12:58 PM

Re: Duchess of Cambridge

I do share your concern - always have, but thats the media for ya and I shun whenever possible.
No one - for me, will have the charisma, charm and likeability of Diana, I wish they had been straight with the poor girl, then, she'd still be here, 'cos she would not have married him. They chose her because she was young and naive... didn't work, she grew up fast.
He should have made a deal withe someone else - be my wife, share my life and accept that i love someone else ... I'm sure someone would have taken the offer.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 01:05 PM

Doesn't this prove how so out of touch the aristocracy are and how irrelevant they are??? - sweep them all away PERMANENTLY!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I do share your concern - always have, but thats the media for ya and I shun whenever possible.
No one - for me, will have the charisma, charm and likeability of Diana, I wish they had been straight with the poor girl, then, she'd still be here, 'cos she would not have married him. They chose her because she was young and naive... didn't work, she grew up fast.
He should have made a deal withe someone else - be my wife, share my life and accept that i love someone else ... I'm sure someone would have taken the offer.
Totally agree Pats, there was something about Diana that people just took to and not just here either was it but all over the world; now and again, someone enters the world with such charisma. I can't make my mind up about Kate but I can't help feeling they are trying to use her the way they did Diana.

Do you think that what he and Camilla did to Diana is one of the reasons people are so against Camilla and still carry resentment towards him?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 01:15 PM

Diana was an awful woman. Why she was so revered will forever be a mystery to me, and how anyone can say she was a wonderful mother, whilst she was travelling the world having affairs just to embarrass her family amazes me, and finally the mass hysteria at her death will forever be a stain on the British consciousness.. it was pathetic to behold....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 01:18 PM

Obviously dont agree Barry - 'they' messed with her mind, messed her up emotionally - she was on the verge of breakdown many times. She may have 'ended up' irrational - you - were not in her shoes !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 01:19 PM

I think Diana had a vulnerability and many of us were at some level worried about how a dusty old bachelor like Charles would treat her, that comment about whatever love was at their engagement interview was worrying I think.

She connected with people in a way that Kate doesn't quite do yet, but I think she is stronger and her husband very protective of her so we are not seeing quite the frenzy around her as Diana and that IMO is good.

Both are/were lovely women, I have high hopes Kate will make a success of the role in a way Diana couldn't just because she is stronger and more protected should make a huge difference.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2013, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Diana was an awful woman. Why she was so revered will forever be a mystery to me, and how anyone can say she was a wonderful mother, whilst she was travelling the world having affairs just to embarrass her family amazes me, and finally the mass hysteria at her death will forever be a stain on the British consciousness.. it was pathetic to behold....
Crikey plantman, that's quite a claim to make against her. Were you aware that on her wedding night, Charles read to her from one of his favourite books (described, at the time, like reading a child a bedtime story) then he cleared off and rang Camilla - on his wedding night! He continued to see Camilla throughout their marriage so if anyone was embarrassing the family, it was Charles. You can't blame Diana for looking elsewhere for love when Charles clearly didn't want to give that to her. Remember his comment when he was asked if he was in love with Diana? He replied 'whatever love is'. Not a nice man in my opinion and totally to blame for all that followed.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2013, 01:22 PM

I agree Julie - she is much 'loved' by William - big difference ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2013, 01:24 PM

I think that is the difference.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top