Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 12:50 AM

Good Morning Tuesday

Good morning folks. This was my beautiful Mr. P, a real character.
Pity his beautiful tail feathers came out a bit too dark to see the lovely big 'eyes' on them properly.
There is a story about how the Peacock got his tail 'eyes:'

"The ancients told that Juno, who was always suspicious of Jupiter, her philandering husband, had reason to believe that he was carrying on with a sweet young nymph called Io.
In an inspired moment, Jupiter turned his Io into a heiffer, thinking that he would be able to spend more time with her without attracting Juno's attention.
However, Juno quickly caught on, and appointed a special guard to watch the comings and goings of her calf rival.
Argus, the guard, was well suited to the task, as he had a hundred eyes and could therefore see in all directions and would be unlikely to fall asleep on the job.
Jupiter however, ordered Mercury to put Argos to sleep - permanently. This he did, by playing soft, hypnotic music on his pipes, and one by one Argus's eyes closed, and finally Mercury was able to chop off his head.

Juno, was so desolate, she had all of Argus's eyes placed in the tail of her most sacred bird - the peacock".

So now you know.
Enjoy your day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 05:57 AM

Re: Good Morning Tuesday

Blimey Mups that's a lot to take in first thing....

Good morning folks, a hot day forecast today so we are walking the dogs nice and early then having a salad for lunch, then maybe the afternoon under the tree with a book and cold beer.

Enjoy your day everyone.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 06:56 AM

Morning! He's a beauty Mups! We have one running loose around the village. People keep posting on FB, " the peacock had been seen outside the Co-op " or " outside the doctors surgery heading North down the road" etc. Not much to do in our village...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 06:59 AM

Morning all. That sounds like a good idea, Barry!

I'm considering getting dressed shortly and going to Morrisons just after they open. Might even treat myself to tea and toast in there, for breakfast.

Then later I need to take my little bus to our hospital for the hand xray, requested by my GP. And then during the late afternoon/evening, go and inspect my crops, give them some water, make sure they're still there.

Going to be hot, today.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 07:16 AM

Good morning all.

Lovely Peacock, interesting story.

Have a nice day all.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 08:24 AM

Good morning all.
Talking of peacocks - my friend & I were attacked by one as we walked by a farm up in the Derbyshire peaks. We were trying to fend it off with our hiking poles.
Luckily a farm worker saw it and came to our rescue. We were told the peacock was in a bad mood because his mate had rejected him...
You can say that again!!!

Have a good day all.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 08:25 AM

Morning.

Supposed to be a scorcher today .

Will enjoy a slow jog later on in the heat of the day if that is the case.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Good morning all.
Talking of peacocks - my friend & I were attacked by one as we walked by a farm up in the Derbyshire peaks. We were trying to fend it off with our hiking poles.
Luckily a farm worker saw it and came to our rescue. We were told the peacock was in a bad mood because his mate had rejected him...
You can say that again!!!

Have a good day all.
That's usually my excuse too!

Mornin' all.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 08:28 AM

Good morning from sunny Macclesfield
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:02 AM

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning to an alarm going off out side blearily looked out, then hobbled out to see my husbands car had been hit and was letting us know how hard is it to get out of a parking place and avoid the car behind you ? Not very IMO grrrrr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top