Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 08:47 AM

Re: Should Animals be Used for Research ?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are not there yet in relation to testing medicines for humans, we are making vast progress in stem cell research which will greatly reduce the need for testing on animals.

veterinary products will still need to be tested on animals, unless we accept that there will be no more new veterinary medicines available.
Lots human medication is used in the treatment of animals it's already been tested over and over .
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 11:21 AM

No animals should not be used for medical research instead use these sick child molesters and child murderers or anyone who has committed a murder and been found guilty. These scum have committed a crime these poor animals haven't so why should they be made to suffer?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 11:43 AM

Hi

Medicines used for Humans can have a completely different effect on animals.

Some common human medicines can be absolutely lethal to certain animals.

in the same vein, so to speak, some animal diseases only affect animals not humans, and medication for these has to be tested on animals.

I have a pragmatic approach to this.

I will not buy any cosmetic product which has been tested on animals, there is absolutely no need for this, we can grow human skin cells easily.

On the other side of the coin, the health of my kids is far more important to me than the health of a rat.

We have know reached the stage where any testing on Primates is no longer needed, to my mind it should be banned completely.

We are also in an age where very sophisticated Biological and Chemical Weapons are being developed.

Pigs are very similar to humans.

We slaughter vast amounts of pigs for food.

We should test the effects of these weapons on pigs first, not on humans.

Hitler tested these weapons on Humans, specifically Jews, Gypsies, the Disabled.

This is a line we should not cross.
He was quite rightly totally condemned for this.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:21 PM

They already have for the last 50 years, and still do use pigs for testing the effect of an atomic bomb on humans.

The video is not nice and most wouldn't want to see it,so I won't post it . Which simply says that we can't face the horror we cause and prefer to bury our heads in the sand. Sometimes I'm one of those people too, so if it deeply grieves us, then it must be wrong.

The fact that they look into the effects of such which they really already know, is in it's own way very peculiar. It simply gives more credence to using the thing. A nuclear fall out would not prevent scorched earth or anything else, so maybe we'd all be better off dead anyway.

Pigs are tortured wherever they are, even in the food chain, and very intelligent animals that have no defence against the human race. I can't think of any other reason that we have pigs. They are not wild animals, they do nothing , they do not contribute to the environment, they are simply bred for food and testing. Shameful !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:39 PM

How about testing medicines on volunteer prisoners.
They could get reduced sentence or something.
euthanza medicines could be tested on Iab Brady and Peter Sutcliffe and other old B******ds who wont have the decently to die.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
They already have for the last 50 years, and still do use pigs for testing the effect of an atomic bomb on humans.

The video is not nice and most wouldn't want to see it,so I won't post it . Which simply says that we can't face the horror we cause and prefer to bury our heads in the sand. Sometimes I'm one of those people too, so if it deeply grieves us, then it must be wrong.

The fact that they look into the effects of such which they really already know, is in it's own way very peculiar. It simply gives more credence to using the thing. A nuclear fall out would not prevent scorched earth or anything else, so maybe we'd all be better off dead anyway.

Pigs are tortured wherever they are, even in the food chain, and very intelligent animals that have no defence against the human race. I can't think of any other reason that we have pigs. They are not wild animals, they do nothing , they do not contribute to the environment, they are simply bred for food and testing. Shameful !
Hi

Are you a Vegetarian then?

Do you eat meat?

My pigs are not tortured in any way, they have a good life.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:55 PM

PD Is right though pigs the fifth most intelligent being on the planet are tortured and abused appallingly .
I am sure your pigs have a good life which is as it should be and hopefully a calm and painless death when the time comes.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:04 PM

I`ve been there done it albeit a very long time ago. It wasn`t pretty and it wasn`t necessary. I would argue against 98% of animal testing-but that 2% that just might find new treatments/drugs etc? It`s a very difficult subject.
60fox
London
60fox is male  60fox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:21 PM

Maybe I can throw in a different angle on this, How do people feel about recent news where Human Organs are being grown inside pigs. Yep a tricky one, but with such a shortage of organs like Kidneys, Livers etc , is it wrong to cultivate human organs inside animals? What if you yourself needed a transplant to save your life or that of a friend or relative. And the only way to get one would be from an organ grown in an animal. My answer , although it may not be favourable with all, is Yes, we must do this .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

05-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Hi

To respond to an earlier post, we already know what the effects of radiation are, so no need for any further experimentation on live animals at all.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top