Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 01:31 PM

Re: The area I live in

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If he was joking it was in very poor taste. There are nice people on this forum who care about animals & are also concerned that Susan is having a difficult time, so hardly the time for jokes!
Susan was obviously asking people if they had any good ideas on solving her problem and jokes like that would be of no use to her.
For those who thought it was funny, ask yourself how you would feel if somebody did the same to your pets !

I have never been known for having "good taste"
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Susan - don't know how helpful this suggestion might be - but - during the first lockdown my neighbours bought a Samoyed puppy. Lovely looking dog - like a cloud on legs. It never stopped yapping from morning till night and drove me crackers. Didn't want to complain because the neighbours concerned were normally quiet people and puppies do yap a lot anyway.

Solution - I bought one of those whistles only dogs can hear. Every time the pup started yapping - as long as it was not a distress yap - I blew the whistle and it stopped. Now it is older and only barks if someone comes to their house.
That's a bloody good idea. Next door's pug is always yapping when they let it out into the garden, and it's one of those high-pitched yaps that can really be irritating.

I shall look further into that.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hint. Dogs simply love Senokot laxative. Two or three should do it. Just before being taken indoors would be best.
So punish the dog instead of the inconsiderate humans?
Totally whacked
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I have never been known for having "good taste"
That’s an understatement!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
So punish the dog instead of the inconsiderate humans?
Totally whacked
The OBJECTIVE is to take an annoying dog out of the equation in the shortest time with the least effort. To use poison in a bit of meat would be to cross a line. A powerful laxative is not a poison. If it results in the dog being re-homed then fine. It solved the problem. No barking dog.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 03:03 PM

I don't think anyone has yet suggested an alternative workable solution:
a 'ghetto blaster'.
Fight fire with fire.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't think anyone has yet suggested an alternative workable solution:
a 'ghetto blaster'.
Fight fire with fire.
Hmm, so you are walking down a wee street with loud music blaring from one house, and a dog barking in another...what are you going to think, eh?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

12-05-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Hmm, so you are walking down a wee street with loud music blaring from one house, and a dog barking in another...what are you going to think, eh?
That you're in a ghetto and better get out of town to somewhere civilised PDQ.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I really dislike my neighbours the husband is an AH and the wife if one of those.women that looks the other way when she feels like it .
And before you ask I have never done anything at all to them .
I wish they would BO .
I would like to live in a field with no neighbours.

I had neighbours like that, I wouldn’t have called him an A H...but I thought it, so that’s just as bad,

Thankfully they moved out not long after I had my bollard fitted, because of them, it’s great though, because it stops my new neighbour parking to far over into my space...he’s our age, nice reasonable man, that knows how to communicate....some people don’t know how to communicate...also for some, it’s their way or the highway....sorry that you have those sort of neighbours, at least you can shut the door on them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 04:18 PM

Report the dog barking to the council, they will send you a form, to fill in...in other words you keep a record of how often the dog barks and on what days...they did that to me, then the dogs didn’t bark as much, so I never filled it in...I was in the garden yesterday, howling and barking they were, nothing today, probably because the owner has been there most of the day.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top