Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 11:02 PM

Re: I Had Never Heard Of NC 500...

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I thought you were talking about Wayne Gardner's motorbike

That's the NW200, Irish road racing

https://www.northwest200.org/
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 09:32 AM

they are well advanced in Scotland foxey for services, on that journey we were about 50 miles from our first overnight stop and i was lowish on fuel, i checked the sat nav for nearest petrol station it told me 24 miles, as we clocked up that mileage i couldn't see anything like a petrol station, there was a layby type area with two stainless steel objects, no people around, no buildings......omg they were petrol pumps, all done electronically using a credit card
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
they are well advanced in Scotland foxey for services, on that journey we were about 50 miles from our first overnight stop and i was lowish on fuel, i checked the sat nav for nearest petrol station it told me 24 miles, as we clocked up that mileage i couldn't see anything like a petrol station, there was a layby type area with two stainless steel objects, no people around, no buildings......omg they were petrol pumps, all done electronically using a credit card
That's good macywack, but I can't see them providing charging stations for electric motors up there. It will be bad enough installing enough to cope with demand here if Boris has his way. Or is he just giving the greens lip service?
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 03:25 PM

also foxy, last year we were on holiday in Arisaig, and went to catch the ferry to the island of Rhum, the car park for the ferry, which was just a piece of waste land, had two electric charging points....amazing innit
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
also foxy, last year we were on holiday in Arisaig, and went to catch the ferry to the island of Rhum, the car park for the ferry, which was just a piece of waste land, had two electric charging points....amazing innit
Wasn't that to charge the ferry macywak?....
We did a tour of western Scotland for my fiftieth birthday, we did Fort William, Oban, and Arisaig. We took the ferry from Mallaig to Skye, and Skye was so beautiful we stayed there for the rest of the holiday......Good memories....

Sorry about the quality, had to scan them from the album....
macywack
north west, england

11-12-2020, 08:31 AM

we visit scotland every year, sometimes twice, maybe three times a year, we have had to miss this year, we were booked in for a week in Portpatrick, then lockdown came

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top