Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 07:06 PM

hotmail accont "frozen" ???

Something is terribly wrong with either my computer or the Hotmail system. SOMETIMES, not very often I can open up the Hotmail screen but even if I manage that, I can't open any of my messages or even to delete unwanted stuff. It's like the system is frozen.
To make matters even worse, Microsoft chat system is down and I can't get through to an agent.
I need to be able to send my doctor an important message and to get my heart meds.
I'm almost completely deaf so I can't contact the outside world without Hotmail
I have tried using a different browser. No help there.
If it's my computer, then Hotmail is the only thing effected.
Please, please help
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 09:27 PM

Re: hotmail accont "frozen" ???

Do you have a different device to try, rather than a different browser on the same device? If it doesn't work on that, then it must be the service. Do an Internet search for 'hotmail down'.

Hotmail addresses should still be OK (as far as I know) but Microsoft upgraded Hotmail some time ago to become 'Outlook.com'. When this particular problem is over, perhaps look into going to Outlook.com e-mail.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...look-Microsoft

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...-outlook-email
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Something is terribly wrong with either my computer or the Hotmail system. SOMETIMES, not very often I can open up the Hotmail screen but even if I manage that, I can't open any of my messages or even to delete unwanted stuff. It's like the system is frozen.

I have a Hotmail address as my main email accessed through a mail reader (Thunderbird) on my computers and email client on my mobile. I am having no problems so perhaps it is local to you? either your computer or your local network
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 10:51 PM

To make matters even worse, Microsoft chat system is down and I can't get through to an agent.
I need to be able to send my doctor an important message and to get my heart meds.
I'm almost completely deaf so I can't contact the outside world without Hotmail
I have tried using a different browser. No help there.
If it's my computer, then Hotmail is the only thing effected.
Please, please help
Hi Bakerman!

Assuming that your PC is working (because you used it to put this osting up?) that leaves a couple of Thoughts.

(CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD ASAP!)

1) your account has been hacked & taken over?

2) Hotmail is down in your area, etc.

3) Any mention of data allowance levels on your hotmail home app? Some of these set limits.

Quickest way to check, in my opinion, would be to go to google and set up a free gmail account.

Very easy to do. When you've set it up you can try test messages, etc, to someone you know and look for the messages in the gmail app.

What's more, you'd have a spare, in case it happens again.

If it works, (as a gmail email) set it aside, and then move onto digging into Hotmail , via internet) to see if there has been a hack.

If there's been a screw up, at Hotmail, their website will, likely, be calling it in your area. Let us know how it goes.

What system are you on? W10?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 01:36 AM

Yes, I use Windows 10.

if it helps, I do see notifications of new emails in the right-hand corner of my work bar. If I click on THAT , I can read an incoming Hotmail.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 02:05 AM

Yes, I use Windows 10.

if it helps, I do see notifications of new emails in the right-hand corner of my work bar. If I click on THAT , I can read an incoming Hotmail.
OK - check the Hotmail outgoing settings (smtp) against what settings they say on their Web page. Also, check password (new p/w).
I still think that getting a new email address (Gmail) and using it to make sure mail can be sent/received other than your hotmail act would prove if & what.

Does the Hotmail Web page allow you to just do a clean reset your account?
bakerman
Mexico

05-12-2020, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
OK - check the Hotmail outgoing settings (smtp) against what settings they say on their Web page. Also, check password (new p/w).
I still think that getting a new email address (Gmail) and using it to make sure mail can be sent/received other than your hotmail act would prove if & what.

Does the Hotmail Web page allow you to just do a clean reset your account?
I don't know what smtp means. ?????
for the last several days, I have not been able to even get to the Hotmail web page . So, I don't know if I can clean/reset my account. But, I doubt it, 'cause I've never seen anything like that.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

05-12-2020, 10:05 AM

I don't know what smtp means. ?????
for the last several days, I have not been able to even get to the Hotmail web page . So, I don't know if I can clean/reset my account. But, I doubt it, 'cause I've never seen anything like that.

I see that Hotmail & various other email names have now been amalgamated into one new name.

Can you try to log in via this:-

https://outlook.live.com/owa/
bakerman
Mexico

05-12-2020, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I see that Hotmail & various other email names have now been amalgamated into one new name.

Can you try to log in via this:-

https://outlook.live.com/owa/
Tedc, even the link you posted gives me an error message, "Something went wrong. Try again later"
That is the same message I get when I try to log into my Hotmail account.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

05-12-2020, 04:47 PM

Tedc, even the link you posted gives me an error message, "Something went wrong. Try again later"
That is the same message I get when I try to log into my Hotmail account.
Bakerman, am I right in assuming that the device which you are using to get onto the forum, is the same device which you are using to try for internet searches?

i.e. same PC, same modem, same broadband/internet.

(or is there a mobile phone, different PC, or something, doing one of the jobs?)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top