Join for free
Page 26 of 505 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 01:56 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
There are more Chinese than ever at York University at the moment - the place is full of them - and the city centre is full of their visiting relatives. I have never seen so many here before.
Even Communist China is happy to pay for there Students expensive education in the UK Universities.
'The Best in The World'

While still a Communist Country they have embraced many Western Capitalist ideas too, especially about making money.
and export
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
We already know the usual cold and flu remedies are not going to work against a virus ?

Really?

What particular "usual cold and flu remedies" are you referring to?

if it's the pathetic plethora of flu capsule, throat lozenges and the like sold by profit focussed pharmacies and supermarkets then sure, yes, they won't make a sot of difference. Actually I retract that. They WILL make a difference, they will ensure that your condition is prolonged and your body's own defences are obstructed.

There are of course lots of natural remedies involving certain foods and herbs and extracts thereof.

These can be very powerful against viruses.

But they don't make $billions in profits for fraudulent pharmaceuticals so they don't get much mention in the general media.

Each to their own. Your health is your responsibility, nobody else's. Up to each individual to properly research all the various viruses and illnesses and to see where they are coming from and learn how to protect yourself from the "War on Health" that has been going on for some years imho.

This latest Coronavirus is no different.

I predicted a while back that they will suddenly and magically announce that they have fast tracked a vaccine for it and that certainly does appear to be the story they are going to peddle.

Vaccines take years to develop and a long time to be properly tested for safety. I wouldn't personally have any vaccine that hasn't been properly tested for years in the field.
There are life changing adverse effects caused by many vaccines. So not something to dabble with without doing the appropriate research (which is hard work but has to be done). The entire medical industry top down is focussed on profit making so that's not the place to get sole information. It needs to come from many places esp independent researchers and testers.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:22 PM

When dealing with any flu or cold, I am a big believer in "Jewish penicillion". Just plain old home-made chicken broth.
1/2 chicken without any chicken skin.
1 large bay leaf
water to cover and bring to a boil, then turn down to a steady simmer.
After an hour or so, remove chicken and allow to cool enough to separate the bones and meat. Put meat and bones back in pot and add more water (keep it covered in water the whole time).
simmer for another 1 1/2 hour.
Taste and adjust for salt and pepper to suit your taste.
Strain broth.
When sick, drink as much of the broth as you can/day after day. It's not magic, but it will reduce the number of days you are sick.
additionally, it costs next to nothing.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:32 PM

If you think about that post of mine from which you repeated a sentence , I’m correct . Paracetamol , aspirin might well work on the fever as you so rightly say but they’re not killing the virus off are they , which is what I meant .
I suffered from “something “ for 5 weeks from early November but it definitely wasn’t flu ,many many having the same symptoms thought the same .
I didn’t have a fever and only took two paracetamol once or twice for the pain across my shoulders caused by coughing, not a drop of cough medicine passed my lips .
I’m not into herbs and potions so I ask my immune system to fight whatever it is .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:54 PM

The danger with letting a fever run wild is dehydration, brain damage and if neglected it can kill you. Unless you are on a hospital drip it's better to take paracetamol and remain conscious.

In the olden days before paracetamol people would watch those with a fever have convulsions and hallucinations as they battled with illness. Sometimes they lived sometimes not. We are not designed in a perfect way so our self repair mechanism can sometimes cause more harm than good.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:15 PM

I didn’t have a fever Annie but you’re speaking the truth and giving good advice .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:42 PM

***** We advise members here to take advice from qualified people only.

Any advice being given here by an unqualified person could be dangerous and scaremongering.

As a forum responsible for its members, we will not support it and advise our members to seek advice from their GP if they show any symptoms.

Vaccination may save your life.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 11:56 PM

Well said Mags.

Getting back to topic, I heard on this evening's news that another person in the UK has been taken ill - I believe it was one of the people they brought back from China.

He/she is being tested and they will have the results by tomorrow.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 12:49 AM

I'm sure this will be contained just as SARs was. The usual lifespan is two years. But I do think it has been over done as SARs was more deadly. Unless you are in a confined space then washing hands is the best option. It is a fragile virus and the max time it can live on a surface without a host is 24 hours. The more aware people are of hygiene and protection the less it's likely to spread. A plethora of experts have been on the radio and tv giving sensible advice. We should stop panicking.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 04:56 AM

Hi

Some myths to be debunked.

Hand Sanitizer.

It is not the be all and end all.

It only works on clean hands.

There is also a minimum contact time before it is effective.

Disinfectant wipes,Dettol etc.

Yes, they do kill 99%, but it is the 1% which will kill you.

Again there is a minimum contact time, just wiping a surface is useless.

The Internet is a mine of disinformation, populated by idiots.

The science.

Bleach tablets are very cheap and very effective.

Standard issue, as very easy to transport.

Each tablet releases 300ppm of chlorine in a litre of water.

For Bodily Fluids, you need 10 tablets in 300ml of water and a minimum contact of 2 minutes.

A massive dose.

I worked for years in hugely hazardous situations, I am still here.

Realist and others would be dead, infected on first contact and no amount of natural remedies would save them.

Page 26 of 505 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top