Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 03:39 PM

Re: Pain in ball of foot.

Originally Posted by carol ->
My hubby has excruciating pain in the ball of his right foot. It came on suddenly yesterday & it's agony for him to walk. He describes it as being like walking on pebbles.

Any ideas?
This certainly sounds like bursitis. I had that about 18 months ago. It came on suddenly and was excruciating. The cause is a buildup of crystals within the 1st joint of the big toe. It was easily corrected by meds that the Dr. prescribed.
My pain was more like a knife being stabbed into that joint.
See your Dr ASAP. It won't go away by it's self.
Best of luck to hubby.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 03:51 PM

I have the same problems with my feet and have been told I have plantar fascitis and it can be excruciatingly painful.

Your husband should see a podiatrist who may provide specially made insoles which will help to some extent. There are also exercises - keep a bottle of water in your freezer and roll that forward and back with the affected foot.

I have a very high arch and very wide feet and although I used to wear a size 5.5 shoe, I now wear size 7 for the extra width.........and I also need extra depth to accommodate the insoles.

Hope he gets sorted out soon.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 01:14 AM

You should check this with your doctor but it sounds to me like plantar fasciitis. You can look this up yourself. A good podiatrist can help with exercises that can ease it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 05:54 AM

Could it be gout ?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Could it be gout ?
Absolutely it could be I think. In any event he should seek proper medical advice and also see a podiatrist.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Could it be gout ?
I wondered that too?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 10:13 AM

Plantar faciitis could be the problem, but the pain is usually closer to the heel.... although I have had the pain in the arch of my foot.
Often it is more painful in the morning, when you get up, but a Physio can give you some exercises to help, if this is what is causing it.
The pain feels like you have a pebble in your shoe, so look it up on the NHS website is you need more info.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:33 AM

Twink ,planter faciitis is what I was thinking too, I had it some years ago, it was the worst pain ever, gp gave me anti inflammatories and I had to put a bag of ice ...or frozen peas under my foot, that did relieve it , but at the start I couldn't put my foot down at all...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Twink ,planter faciitis is what I was thinking too, I had it some years ago, it was the worst pain ever, gp gave me anti inflammatories and I had to put a bag of ice ...or frozen peas under my foot, that did relieve it , but at the start I couldn't put my foot down at all...
I know what you mean, it is very painful & even when you think it is better, it can come back. It is caused by inflamed tendons & I always believed high heeled shoes caused it... but I don't think Carols husband will have been wearing them!
Most podiatrists don't know what causes it but they can suggest some regular foot exercises, and so can physiotherapists, that really help because they stretch your Achilles tendon & they are not too painful to do!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 11:39 PM

Tony says it feels a bit better today.

The gout theory could be right.

Tony does suffer from gout quite often. Over the years it's totally disfigured his feet but I've never heard of it occurring on the ball of the foot!

Whatever it is it seems to be improving slightly & he has some gel ball of feet insoles coming on Monday.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top