Join for free
Page 17 of 19 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 12:26 AM

Re: Wonderful News! (Vaccination trials successful)

It's not mutating fast among the human community.

The mink incident was a definite spanner in the mutation works. Just goes to show that we need to reassess our relationship with animals and respect them rather than exploit in the way that we have seen in some countries. It's about time humans stopped exploiting animals for vanity, for cosmetics and for the novelty of eating something different or exotic. Humans should not be sharing their lives with wild animals as though they were other humans.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Me, I'm happy to wait and see if anyone who has it grows two heads.
Great result! Double the country's intelligence overnight.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 07:23 AM

Hi

These vaccines have been monitored from day one by our scientists.

They are completely independent of Government.

Many have lost their jobs because they refused to be manipulated by Cummings and Co..but now back in post after he has gone,

I am happy with the validation, I would have one today if I could.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Me too Swimmy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Covid-19 is bad for your health as well OGF.
Only if you catch it Scot.
Out of a population of over 68 million, there are still 66 million who have not succumbed yet. And of those 66 million, only 60 thousand have so far passed away in the UK.
I intend to keep being one of those still free from the virus....
I think my odds are good.
Why take a headache tablet if you never have headaches?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
So am I, once the top aged groups have been vaccinated we should see death rates fall and hospitals able to cope with the normal workload.
My sisters best friend is dying because her cancer treatment was delayed by C19,
My sister is in agony because her knee replacements have been delayed for over a year.
I have had to pay hundreds of pounds for private treatment out of my small savings because my long wait for NHS treatment was resulting in a poor quality of life and a deterioration of my health .

My main concern is the slow production of vaccine will mean we have long waits for supplies and to be vaccinated.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 10:12 AM

I can't see there's any reason not to take it, unless you're frightened of needles.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My limited understanding of the biontech vaccination is that it stops you from developing a severe illness and prevents you from having symptoms. But it doesn't stop you infecting others if you are affected.

It works as long as everyone has a vaccination. The unvaccinated are not protected. The vaccine does not carry any inactive covid virus. It carries a programme to tell your cells to attack and destroy the virus on contact. I guess it would depend on the viral load as to whether you would remain infectious despite not getting sick yourself.

As the main aim is to stop people getting a severe illness it's a real breakthrough but it is not a panacea.
Annie that is my understanding too.
Now the virus is with us, like many others it will be almost impossible to eradicate and as the scientists say 'if it is anywhere it is everywhere'
It will take years to vaccinate the world population and this will be hampered by reservoirs of virus in some areas where a suspicions population refuses vaccination, we saw this with the outbreak of Ebola in West Africa.

While the vaccine should prevent severe illness and death in many it is not a 'cure all' .
We don't yet know if the vaccine can prevent transmission, if it doesn't those who are relying on herd immunity will remain susceptible.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Only if you catch it Scot.
Out of a population of over 68 million, there are still 66 million who have not succumbed yet. And of those 66 million, only 60 thousand have so far passed away in the UK.
I intend to keep being one of those....
I think my odds are good.
Why take a headache tablet if you never have headaches?
I am thinking of other people as well myself OGF. I will be 83 tomorrow so my chances of survival would not be very high. I bet there are many people in hospital and bereaved families who wish there had been a vaccine earlier.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I am thinking of other people as well myself OGF. I will be 83 tomorrow so my chances of survival would not be very high. I bet there are many people in hospital and bereaved families who wish there had been a vaccine earlier.
I'm not trying to talk you out of having the vaccine Scot, but everyone's circumstances are different, and being an athlete for the best part of my adult life I would not risk putting an unknown substance into my body.

I took Mrs Fox for the flu jab last week, I would never have the flu jab myself, but I'm not responsible for Mrs Fox's health, and if she feels less anxious having had the jab, I'm happy that she feels it has done her good.

You say that you are thinking of other people, well I would suggest that you consider your own health first and don't worry about me...

Page 17 of 19 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top