Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 11:53 AM

Re: The Crown

The last season is unfair to both Charles and Diana. To me they seemed portrayed as very immature and childish in the series. In real life they were both far more poised, sophisticated and confident. In the previous series I thought Charles was particularly poorly portrayed. Made to look really pathetic. But then to see Diana and that truly awful plant dance scene (which didn't happen in reality), it was dire. It's the verbal diarrhoea that lets it down. Both were more guarded in their communication styles. Both have/had more dignity than portrayed. It's a bit like those spitting image scenes come to life.

The rest of the series has been superb. But no series to date has ever managed to accurately portray Charles and Diana.

The Queen is so popular because she is such a mystery. She has a quiet dignity that rises above the nonsense. I think they have captured her essence in the show but the indecision and other personality traits are pure speculation. The trouble with portraying history in a fictional production is that people go away thinking that's what really happened. But that's true of any historical production.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 12:02 PM

Re: The Crown

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The last season is unfair to both Charles and Diana. To me they seemed portrayed as very immature and childish in the series. In real life they were both far more poised, sophisticated and confident. In the previous series I thought Charles was particularly poorly portrayed. Made to look really pathetic. But then to see Diana and that truly awful plant dance scene (which didn't happen in reality), it was dire. It's the verbal diarrhoea that lets it down. Both were more guarded in their communication styles. Both have/had more dignity than portrayed. It's a bit like those spitting image scenes come to life.

The rest of the series has been superb. But no series to date has ever managed to accurately portray Charles and Diana.

The Queen is so popular because she is such a mystery. She has a quiet dignity that rises above the nonsense. I think they have captured her essence in the show but the indecision and other personality traits are pure speculation. The trouble with portraying history in a fictional production is that people go away thinking that's what really happened. But that's true of any historical production.
I do agree that the latest season is not as convincing as the previous seasons. It all went wrong when Colman appeared imo. The Diana plant dance was pathetic whether it was true or not.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top