Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 11:45 AM

The Million Women Study.

Years ago, l filled in one of these questionnaires in The Million Women Study, as l thought it would help research into women’s health.

This week, l received another questionnaire but like the last one, l am going to bin it.
The reason why? I feel it is far too intrusive.

Why do they need to know my current circumstances?
How many years in total have l used a gas hob? When l was a child, was gas used for cooking or did we have a gas fire?
If l own or rent my house, in residential care or sheltered housing?
How many cars and vans are available for use in my household?
Do l drive?
Do l have private medical care?
How many holidays have l taken abroad? How many were to sunny places?
How am l managing for money?

I thought they wanted to know my medical history, not my life story!

Have you ever filled in one of these questionnaires? Would you, if you received one?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 11:54 AM

Re: The Million Women Study.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Years and years ago, l filled in one of these questionnaires in The Million Women Study, as l thought it would help research into women’s health.

This week, l received another questionnaire but like the last one, l am going to bin it.
The reason why? I feel it is far too intrusive.

Why do they need to know my current circumstances?
How many years in total have l used a gas hob? When l was a child, was gas used for cooking or did we have a gas fire?
If l own or rent my house, in residential care or sheltered housing?
How many cars and vans are available for use in my household?
Do l drive?
Do l have private medical care?
How many holidays have l taken abroad? How many were to sunny places?
How am l managing for money?

I thought they wanted to know my medical history, not my life story!

Have you ever filled in one of these questionnaires? Would you, if you received one?
I agree with you Art, I wouldn't fill it in either (even if I was a woman). It's obviously all for marketing purposes; insurance, holidays, Bupa etc.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 11:55 AM

Have I ever received one and would I fill it in?

No, and No.

Too intrusive by half.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 11:55 AM

I am part of an age related health study I have been receiving the forms each year for over a decade.

By its nature it is intrusive but not that intrusive, just asks questions about my health, medicines I take and the like, nothing about non medical issues.

I forget what it is called but it is a uni related survey I think.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 11:59 AM

I’ve never receive one and don’t think I would bother filling one in after reading your account, Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 12:02 PM

Longdogs and Mups.... l was wondering if l was being petty as it could help into research for cancer.
I have a feeling l received the first one when l started taking HRT and took it for 10 years.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am part of an age related health study I have been receiving the forms each year for over a decade.

By its nature it is intrusive but not that intrusive, just asks questions about my health, medicines I take and the like, nothing about non medical issues.

I'm guessing that's probably because in Oz, they are interested in you health, here, they are interested in your wealth.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Bruce, perhaps if it was anonymous and it was specifically about my health then l might not mind but some of the questions are none of their business..... like how often do l look after my grandchildren?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 12:10 PM

Bruce, perhaps if it was anonymous and it was specifically about my health then l might not mind but some of the questions are none of their business..... like how often do l look after my grandchildren?

No, don't do it Art.
Bloomin' cheek these people have.
As you say, nothing to do with the original subject at all.
They start asking reasonable questions, and then slip other intrusive ones in between.

I wouldn't be surprised if they flog your information even.
I wouldn't touch it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-02-2020, 12:13 PM

Can you tell the time?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top