Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 08:29 PM

Re: Tory revot ? Is it real??l

Boris would be damned if he did, damned if he didn't, the press are always out to rake muck up and cause trouble.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

Young people seem to be unaffected or hardly notice it if they are. The sensible thing then would be to ensure that young people keep away from older people (or vice versa).

Instead of keeping everyone in, let the young people work and if possible behave sensibly by not congregating in large numbers.

Marge and I, being older people, go to the supermarket for essentials but keep away from other people. We may go for a walk (in the outdoors) but keep away from other people there as well. That's called being sensible.
The problem with that is what exactly happened with the first lockdown where the government said the most vulnerable in society, meaning the elderly and those with underlying health issues should isolate and not have direct human to human contact with anyone unless they were done up to the 9's with PPE. Then you had the media seeking who armed with a specific narrative so they could attack the government with it, specifically went out looking for very healthy elderly people who had views dead against self isolation because they saw themselves are being very healthy and thus not subject to the stigma of being labelled as 'vulnerable'. These healthy elderly people then went to give further interviews saying that they were being discriminated against because they were being forced to self isolate on the basis of their age and not their health.

It's just not possible to make a set of rules that works for every individual, it's either all or nothing. As for the youngsters, they are being focused on for all the wrong reasons. It should never be about are they capable of withstanding the virus once they caught it, the focus should be on them being the highest group of carriers. Look at what happened and is currently happening at schools and universities, they are rapidly closing due to young people catching and transmitting the virus to others.

As was correctly said in another post, Boris is damned no matter what he does.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 02:23 AM

Agree with Lion Queen and Dodge. Although both Foxy and JBR are probably right, it'd be political suicide for any MP to basically say that it's worth the risk (and by implication the death) of a few more people just to keep the economy afloat.

The needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few is a fine bit of rhetoric. But how many of you would be prepared to face up to the family members who had lost a loved one who could still be alive if you'd taken more precaution?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Agree with Lion Queen and Dodge. Although both Foxy and JBR are probably right, it'd be political suicide for any MP to basically say that it's worth the risk (and by implication the death) of a few more people just to keep the economy afloat.

The needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few is a fine bit of rhetoric. But how many of you would be prepared to face up to the family members who had lost a loved one who could still be alive if you'd taken more precaution?
The human race are a contrary lot Dex !!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 02:00 PM

I think that those of us who do take precautions have little to fear.
It is the old and infirm who have most to fear, and it is the covidiots who are responsible for putting them at risk. They don't care because they know that there are no consequences to them themselves.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think that those of us who do take precautions have little to fear.
It is the old and infirm who have most to fear, and it is the covidiots who are responsible for putting them at risk. They don't care because they know that there are no consequences to them themselves.
Haven't managed to find the demography of covid deaths to determine "likelihood" of death based on age groupings. Presumably the stats are out there somewhere.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 02:15 PM

Haven't managed to find the demography of covid deaths to determine "likelihood" of death based on age groupings. Presumably the stats are out there somewhere.
I wonder about that also Dex??
With the seemingly higher death figures being experienced now
I wonder who are dying??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

30-11-2020, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I wonder who are dying??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Yep. There are hoards of statisticians looking at the data. Am amazed that conjectures haven't been expressed, other than the generic "elderly and those with underlying conditions are at risk".
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I wonder who are dying??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I'm still waiting to see how many people have actually croaked due solely to the virus and not "for any reason after having a positive Covid test result in the last 28 days".
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

30-11-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'm still waiting to see how many people have actually croaked due solely to the virus and not "for any reason after having a positive Covid test result in the last 28 days".
There does seem to be a degree of potentially false data which cites death due to covid rather than what might have been a greater contributory reason.

Somebody who might have been weakened by the presence of the virus might have actually died due to another illness which their body could no longer fight against. Certainly this seems to be the case in deaths reported during the first few months. It's unclear whether this has now been changed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top