Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:35 PM

The Crown

Prince Charles and Camilla forced to restrict Twitter accounts after being trolled relentlessly by The Crown fans

They seem to be taking the show a little too seriously.

Season four of The Crown chronicles troubled marriage.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:42 PM

Re: The Crown

With all the publicity for the Crown, l keep saying l must have a look at it.
The programme makers keep saying, it’s not totally accurate and some content has been made up but some people believe everything they see!!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 01:08 PM

".... a barrage of abusive comments"

says indy100. It wasn't me.

I must say the Crown prog does make Charles look more dim-witted than I imagine he really is. That must please some.

What is more fun in the latest series is the way Gillian Anderson portrays Thatcher.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 01:30 PM

They did some of the filming for the Series just down the road from us at Lybster Harbour. I didn't go to watch as I've not followed the Series. If it had been Outlander though, I might have took the dog for his walk that way.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
They did some of the filming for the Series just down the road from us at Lybster Harbour. I didn't go to watch as I've not followed the Series. If it had been Outlander though, I might have took the dog for his walk that way.
A delightful stop off on the way to Wick.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 02:08 PM

There is something very wrong with depicting real live people in a supposed tv drama. A factual documentary by all means but to my mind made up drama should be limited to non existant characters for obvious reasons.

I haven't seen this and have no intention of doing so, but from what I have read the scripts are quite libellous, and really nothing more than a cowardly attack on decent people with a lifetime of pulic service who have no way to redress or counter the scurrilous and twisted insinuations in these stories.

Disgraceful...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

03-12-2020, 02:23 PM

https://www.thejournal.ie/uk-culture...82717-Nov2020/

THE UK’S HEALTH Secretary has indicated he will write to Netflix over its series The Crown because he feels it should make clear that much of its content is fiction.

Oliver Dowden said he fears that damage could be done to the image of British royal family without the warning.

He is expected to formally write to the US streaming company to request it adds a “health warning” before each episode of the acclaimed series.

“It’s a beautifully produced work of fiction, so as with other TV productions, Netflix should be very clear at the beginning it is just that,” he told The Mail on Sunday today.

“Without this, I fear a generation of viewers who did not live through these events may mistake fiction for fact”.

Those close to the royal family reportedly fear that fabricated scenes are hurting the monarchy, particularly heir to the throne Prince Charles.
Prince Harry in a real predicament.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 02:42 PM

The actress who plays Princess Ann is very good also as mentioned Gillian Anderson as Mrs Thatcher . I have really enjoyed The crown its brilliant all series and of course I'm aware it's a drama and very embellished . Cant wait for series 5 and more
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 03:22 PM

I enjoyed the latest series of The Crown,know some of it is fiction- who can know what was said behind closed doors.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 03:41 PM

Hi

Not watched it, I do not do so called reality shows.

My last serious invovlement with the Royals was in 1989.

The Tricentenary of the Royal Welsh Fusiliers at Powys Castle.

That was a nightmare, but passed off without incident.

It was on my patch.

that was also the year I got seriously injured and 2 years later compulsorily medically discharged

.My view of things.

The Queen is lovely and does a lot quietly and behind the scenes.

She is very forgiving of Protocoj,Mishaps from ordinary people.

Much less forgiving when it comes to those who should know the rules.

Prince Phillip is a toff, but a nice one.

You know who is boss when he is around, but he looks after people.

Anne is as blunt as they come, worse than her dad, a great user of four letter words.

A nightmare in her younger days, but never vindictive.

You cannot fail to like her.

It is like talking to your daughter, she will do what she wants, but not nasty.

I will refrain about commenting about Charles and amilla.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top