Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 12:00 AM

Re: Trump Interfering.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I think it was a bad move for Trump to interfere in our politics, just as I did when Obama stuck his nose in with the Project Fear campaign by Remainers during the Referendum.

But on the upside, if there is one, it is at least another important voice trying to get Boris to see sense and cooperate with Nigel or risk losing up to 90 seats. Nigel has already made two conciliatory moves towards joining forces to prevent split votes and letting the other parties win, but Boris seems to think he can win this on his own without having anything to do with Nigel and the Brexit Party.

Although not his fault, Boris has already let the people down with the date of 31st October departure passing (yet again). Maybe it's time someone reminded him "Pride cometh before a fall" before it is too late.
My hopes for Boris are gone SG I now think he is a remainer and
was only posing in order to rescue the tory party, which he appears
to have done? And now he starts to fudge things just as May did!
only difference being he left it later?
He doesnt want an alliance because he and all the other remainers
in his party dont agree with brexit!
They must have a fake brexit?
He nearly fooled me!!
Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Trump is mouthing off about our Election.

He needs to back off.

It is our election, not his.
He is perfectly entitled to express his opinion, it isn't interfering.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
My hopes for Boris are gone SG I now think he is a remainer and
was only posing in order to rescue the tory party, which he appears
to have done? And now he starts to fudge things just as May did!
only difference being he left it later?
He doesnt want an alliance because he and all the other remainers
in his party dont agree with brexit!
They must have a fake brexit?
He nearly fooled me!!
Donkeyman!
He has never fooled me - I have never trusted a word he says. He has never done anything but “pose” in order to further his own ambition. Lots of people who have worked with him or had dealings with him have been telling the public for years that he’s a chameleon who cannot be trusted, yet he has developed the art of telling people what they want to believe.

“The terrible art of the candidate is to coddle the self-deception of the stooge.”

That’s what Boris wrote back in his student days and he boasted that he was good at it.
He deliberately played down his Tory beliefs and described himself as an environmentalist and cultivated the friendship of the liberal, social democrat group who could help get him elected as President of the Oxford Union - a position he coveted but the majority vote usually went to the candidate favoured by the University Student’s liberal Social Democrat Group.
Once the Presidency was secured, he reverted to being openly Tory again and dropped his SDP friends.

He continued this kind of duality throughout his career - shrewdly assessing what people wanted and altering the truth to present a narrative that would appeal to his audience.
Even before he became PM, we already knew he had a relaxed approach to truth in his journalism, making up false quotes, creating ridiculous stories about EU directives, with incorrect or exaggerated hyperbole, because he was writing for an audience that wanted to find fault. It didn’t matter that his absurd claims wouldn’t stand up to scrutiny because those who wanted to believe it would swallow it, hook line and sinker.
It was all a bit of fun to him and, more importantly, helped his career.

His decision to back the Leave Campaign was a calculated one, not based on what he thought was best for his country or his Party but on what was best for Boris.

I don’t believe he has ever been a conviction politician - he goes whichever way the wind seems set fair to advance his own career and achieve his own ambitions.

Nothing much has changed since his University days, he is still using his boyish charm and witty repartee to bamboozle people with messages he knows they want to hear. He is still using people as stooges.
A leopard doesn’t change its spots.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I think that you'll find that, once he's had a chance to make some minor grammatical changes to the transcript of his interview with Farage, Trump will clarify that he didn't say any of those things after all. Moreover, he will be able to point out that the several million who actually heard and saw him are in fact lying low-life.

Absolutely! We already have our own lying clown we don't need an American one interfering.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
It wasn't so long ago that the interfering Obama stuck his nose into British politics and tried to persuade the british to vote to stay in the EU,

LOTS ON HERE SEEM TO HAVE forgotten that >
He was very much criticised for that at the time.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:41 AM

I don't think Trump lies. He really believes in what he says at the time he says it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
He has never fooled me - I have never trusted a word he says. He has never done anything but “pose” in order to further his own ambition. Lots of people who have worked with him or had dealings with him have been telling the public for years that he’s a chameleon who cannot be trusted, yet he has developed the art of telling people what they want to believe.

“The terrible art of the candidate is to coddle the self-deception of the stooge.”

That’s what Boris wrote back in his student days and he boasted that he was good at it.
He deliberately played down his Tory beliefs and described himself as an environmentalist and cultivated the friendship of the liberal, social democrat group who could help get him elected as President of the Oxford Union - a position he coveted but the majority vote usually went to the candidate favoured by the University Student’s liberal Social Democrat Group.
Once the Presidency was secured, he reverted to being openly Tory again and dropped his SDP friends.

He continued this kind of duality throughout his career - shrewdly assessing what people wanted and altering the truth to present a narrative that would appeal to his audience.
Even before he became PM, we already knew he had a relaxed approach to truth in his journalism, making up false quotes, creating ridiculous stories about EU directives, with incorrect or exaggerated hyperbole, because he was writing for an audience that wanted to find fault. It didn’t matter that his absurd claims wouldn’t stand up to scrutiny because those who wanted to believe it would swallow it, hook line and sinker.
It was all a bit of fun to him and, more importantly, helped his career.

His decision to back the Leave Campaign was a calculated one, not based on what he thought was best for his country or his Party but on what was best for Boris.

I don’t believe he has ever been a conviction politician - he goes whichever way the wind seems set fair to advance his own career and achieve his own ambitions.

Nothing much has changed since his University days, he is still using his boyish charm and witty repartee to bamboozle people with messages he knows they want to hear. He is still using people as stooges.
A leopard doesn’t change its spots.
What does any of that really matter?

The vote is not for BoJo, the vote is for policy on the one hand and where it makes a difference a vote to keep out the party with the most awful policy.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't think Trump lies. He really believes in what he says at the time he says it.
As a chap I used to know would say -- He opens his mouth and lets his belly rumble.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

The vote is not for BoJo, the vote is for policy on the one hand and where it makes a difference a vote to keep out the party with the most awful policy.
Agreed,

This thread jumped, rapidly, from a comment made by Trump, to a golden opportunity for Remainers to further demean Brexit.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

I made no comment about voting - I thought it was clear that my post about Boris being an untrustworthy chameleon was in response to a previous poster who said he had originally trusted Boris and now feels he is untrustworthy.

I don’t suppose my opinion of Boris does really matter but I thought this was a conversation, not a set of instructions about which Party to vote for.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top