Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 02:40 PM

Re: Promises! Promises! Promises!

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Private Eye had a funny little piece in it, in which Javid says that since the Tories have a reliable and proven track record of ditching their manifesto promises as soon as they get into power, they're the more financially prudent party. He goes on to say that the country would become ruined if any manifesto promise was actually carried out. Although meant to be satire, there's a certain degree of truth in this!!
Yes you're right, there is.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 01:41 PM

All these 'promises' being made by all the political parties are great. I think we should have a election every year if what we are promised is ever likely to come into being. Just think, No more taxes to pay, No more poverty, Extra pounds in everyone's pockets, No more waiting on trolleys in hospitals, doctors falling over themselves to come and see you. The list is endless.
At last. We will be living in the longed for land of milk and honey.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't listen to any 'promises' , I am nor some naive child to be bribed with sweets just get me out of the EU that will do for me.
Me neither Meg! They take us for fools with all their promises of freebies. Once they are in for 5 years, they won't care less that their so-called promises never come to fruition. They are in!!

It's the same with all of these "within 10 years" for their ''just look at what we are going to do for you'' manifesto promises.
It's just a clever way of saying we will be kicking it into the long grass. We may not even get in again after the next 5 years.

They really do take us for fools.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:42 AM

I am so fed up with this whole political goings on. All parties are promising us a second heaven. making promises they know full well they will not keep. We have the Conservatives who are determined to keep us 'under the thumb' and continue to cut our viital services to the bone yet are promising us another Utopia.
We have the Labour party who have promised us the earth, no more having to pay for this, that and everything else. (They have not just found a money tree they have found a whole forest of them)
As for the Liberals. They are just a laughing stock.
I am so fed up with the lies and false promises from all sides that I am not going to vote in the coming election as I do not trust any of them.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:50 AM

The Lib Dems make me laugh.

Talking about the climate emergency and how the world is about to end because of emissions etc and then touring the country in a big diesel bus (or bandwagon as I like to think about it).

Hypocrites !

Labours manifesto is Karl Marx's "wish list" and Stalins "unfinished business".. total joke and would destroy our economy and reduce the country to something like Venzuela. We would be qualify for foreign aid within 2 years.

Tories manifesto seems a bit of a secret - sounds like they are making it up as they go along.

... so, I'll be voting for the conservatives in the election because they are the only party I can vote for that supports Brexit (Brexit Party have no MP in my area) and has the least damaging manifesto (I assume because I haven't seen it yet).

Jeez... I need a lie down ... help !
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The Lib Dems make me laugh.

Talking about the climate emergency and how the world is about to end because of emissions etc and then touring the country in a big diesel bus (or bandwagon as I like to think about it).

Hypocrites !

Labours manifesto is Karl Marx's "wish list" and Stalins "unfinished business".. total joke and would destroy our economy and reduce the country to something like Venzuela. We would be qualify for foreign aid within 2 years.

Tories manifesto seems a bit of a secret - sounds like they are making it up as they go along.

... so, I'll be voting for the conservatives in the election because they are the only party I can vote for that supports Brexit (Brexit Party have no MP in my area) and has the least damaging manifesto (I assume because I haven't seen it yet).

Jeez... I need a lie down ... help !

I am presently watching Nigels election broadcast, and he is
promoting the sort of manifesto that l could support!
ie: rejuvenating our fishing industry/ reducing or abolishing the HOL,
Helping small business,/ tackling enviromental issues in a practical
effective manner in conjunction with other countries, / and taking
control of immigration in an effective manner etc, etc.
I thought he was the most impressive of all the parties?
But of course the problem is, that many of his supporters will be
unable to vote for him!
I am one of those, and l am feeling very frustrated by this fact, and
would like to know what the real reason was for the sudden
reversal of a decision that had been made less than a week
previously??
I cant accept the reason given that it would split the leave vote as
surely that was allready obvious long before the decision to stand
in all constituencies was made?
However, we are where we are and l am stuck with either spoiling
my vote, or voting tory,who l dont trust!
As l say though, l am impressed with Nigels presentation and the
way he answered questions!!

Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 04:04 PM

Hi

The problem we have is that Corbyn is appealing to those who have nothing to lose.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I suppose its all new to me LD, Ive only been back in UK for four
years and l cant believe the denseness of the british political
classes past and present?
The thing ldont like is they think we are stupider than them!!??
Many are.
They tend to vote Labour!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I am so fed up with this whole political goings on. All parties are promising us a second heaven. making promises they know full well they will not keep.
Exactly why I don't bother to listen to or read any of them...

with one exception!

The Brexit Party's manifesto has been posted on another thread:

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=65018
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-11-2019, 01:40 AM

Corbyn becomes PM:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 5.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	11118  

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top