Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:24 AM

Re: O.F.F Christmas Dinner Table?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
All my dresses are fancy Longdogs......
We need pictures Foxy

A lovely idea Ted....I will pop in and say hi..

I love sprouts by the way so its probably good we are all socially distanced
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 09:12 AM

We are having roast beef & the cats are having roast chicken... so no fancy photos!

I will look in though to hear some of the funny incidents that happen.
One year my sister bought the cats some "Stinkies" ( a toy fish for cats that is stuffed with catnip). One of the cats couldn't wait for Santa, so climbed into her bag to get them!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mags one of the joys of not having a Christmas dinner is not having to do the washing up. So no, sorry I won't be doing the dishes and I think you may all be too full to manage mince pies
Okay I'll do the pots....
I do them here all through the week....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
We need pictures Foxy :)

A lovely idea Ted....I will pop in and say hi..

I love sprouts by the way so its probably good we are all socially distanced
Of course you do Summer....
And they would be all over facebook and twitter before the day was out..........Naughty Summer!....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:20 PM

Passing the Port!

A nice tradition.

If I'm on my own, on the day, I'll be "passing the port" backwards & forwards, to myself.

This is how it might be done, with Ladies present:-

"When there are ladies dining and port wine is passed, the host or president should unstopper the decanter, serve the lady to the left, and without serving himself, OR the guest to the right, pass the decanter on to the gentleman on her left, who will then serve himself then the lady on his left, (keeping the left hand rule) before the decanter continues its clockwise rotation around the table. However, a more elegant method, which I much prefer, is after the Gentleman has received the Port from the host or president, the Gentleman would serve the Lady to his left BEFORE serving himself, and passing the Port on to the next Gentleman. This breaks the clockwise motion of the Port a little, but keeps the left hand rule, although I feel this is a more polite method as it incorporates ladies first. However, it should be remembered in both methods, ladies never touch or pass the Port."

It's not quite like passing water!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:12 PM

You can pass the Dutchie 'pon the left hand side too.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 02:39 AM

If my mother in law comes round, then you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be popping in to escape the inane talk and awkward silences!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
If my mother in law comes round, then you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be popping in to escape the inane talk and awkward silences!!
You could always do what you seconded what l should do.....
Cover yourself with melted chocolate and place sprigs of holly in strategic places.
Well it would certainly make you the centre of attraction! Fondu’s anybody?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 12:23 PM

Ted, When l first saw your Christmas Dinner suggestion, l thought it was brilliant and it should bring some welcome cheer to many.

I will try to pop in and pull a cracker with you!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You could always do what you seconded what l should do.....
Cover yourself with melted chocolate and place sprigs of holly in strategic places.
Well it would certainly make you the centre of attraction! Fondu’s anybody?
The MIL wouldn't notice. She'd be too involved in talking about people from church.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top