Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 08:10 PM

Re: A 'Hostile Environment'

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I'm the carer of a working-age disabled man, my husband.
Thanks for confirming my point.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Attitudes like that are part of the hostile environment and people like. and your back slapping sycophants applauding such an attitude make it worse.

Labelling disabled people as not in need because of their body shape. Just prejudice against those who need benefit help. Nasty.(can't say BIGOT, can I?)

Having limited movment often leeds to weight gain and distorted body shape.

And your offensive comment about the photo isn't accurate, either. The woman in a chair with a veil over her face looks quite skinny to me. The guy with a fag in his mouth looks as if he has no legs, would that be enough weight loss for you?
Perhaps you might be tempted to smoke if you had his problems. The others are just the usual cross section of body shapes you get in the general population. How do you prefer to see your disabled people? Wasting away because they can't afford food?
What some people get sick of are those who are "disabled" due to their own actions.
FATTIES (I don't care about using it) are the one I despise the most.

I watched a programme sometime back about a fat guy and his nearly as fat girlfriend.
He was classed as disabled purely down to his weight. He was so fat the taxpayer was funding a care worker to visit his home once a week to wash him!

He was attending some kind of fat fighters course and managed to lose something pathetic like 5 or 6 pounds. Guess what?
Because he'd lost that weight, he and his girlfriend decided to treat themselves as a means of celebration. The treat was a large delivery of pizza and scoffing a tub of ice cream the size of a dustbin.

Nevertheless, they both felt they were "entitled" to have us taxpayers pay for them and the £2,000 + mobility scooter he had because he was too fat to walk any distance without being knackered.

I have no issue with those who are genuinely disabled through no fault of their own, but I WILL take the piss out of those where it is self inflicted.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Thanks for confirming my point.
You're welcome and are you lucky not to be in the same situation?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
What some people get sick of are those who are "disabled" due to their own actions.

I watched a programme sometime back about a fat guy and his nearly as fat girlfriend.
He was classed as disabled purely down to his weight. He was so fat the taxpayer was funding a care worker to visit his home once a week to wash him!

He was attending some kind of fat fighters course and managed to lose something pathetic like 5 or 6 pounds. Guess what?
Because he'd lost that weight, he and his girlfriend decided to treat themselves as a means of celebration. The treat was a large delivery of pizza and scoffing a tub of ice cream the size of a dustbin.

Nevertheless, they both felt they were "entitled" to have us taxpayers pay for them and the £2,000 + mobility scooter he had because he was too fat to walk any distance without being knackered.

I have no issue with those who are genuinely disabled through no fault of their own, but I WILL take the piss out of those where it is self inflicted.
Well said. I'm sure we've all met them.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->

So you watched a programme about a fat guy on a benefit bashing television show
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
So you watched a programme about a fat guy on a benefit bashing television show
Yes,

And there are many more like him around. This was just one example.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not only did the scumbag 'nasty party' create a 'hostile evvironment' for the legal immigrants, they also created the same 'hostile environment for long-term sick and disabled claimants too!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...drush-benefits
As for the sick and disabled they are let down by the cheats who are fully fit and those who claim to be ill or sick and arn't.

Stricter checks would stop a lot of this with very heavy fines and benefits removed for life
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 09:36 PM

It's all very well focusing on cheats but for every cheat there is a disabled person being denied help. Is that the sort of society you want to advocate? One that tramples on the weak? We will all be weak one day.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

27-04-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
As for the sick and disabled they are let down by the cheats who are fully fit and those who claim to be ill or sick.
This is kind of my point.
Due to the self inflicted "disabled" and other dross that simply choose not to work, the ones that genuinely need support through no fault of their own are short changed.

Leia is an example of whom should be given more help.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

27-04-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's all very well focusing on cheats but for every cheat there is a disabled person being denied help. Is that the sort of society you want to advocate? One that tramples on the weak? We will all be weak one day.
You're missing the point Annie..

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top