Join for free
Page 28 of 30 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 01:23 AM

Re: Cashier refused to serv pork sauages

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
One food allergies, the other religious beliefs, Bit of a difference,
Both are bans, both curtail the individual's freedom to chose, yet you are telling me that one is more offensive? To whom?
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 08:00 AM

I look too , nothing about pork being the most common , yes red meats do course a lot of allergies , think she make it up as she go along , like to see a link too
Isn't there something about pork being difficult to keep safe to eat in hot climates it that not where the unclean comes from.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 08:55 AM

It is also about pigs reputedly eating their own faeces. I do not know - and do not want to know - if they actually do that.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 10:47 AM

Biblically ...

Leviticus 11:1-47

And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. ...

Oh and as for the vegetarians...

Romans 14:1-23

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables.

Not that Im bothered....I eat what takes my fancy not whats written in some old book!
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Both are bans, both curtail the individual's freedom to chose, yet you are telling me that one is more offensive? To whom?

I know quite a few parents and workmates that find banning pork if offensive to them , basically a religeon getting their way , a none religious person to this religeon is been telled they can't eat a certain meat at place of work or school , it's taken away one choice , freedom of choice
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 02:11 PM

I know quite a few parents and workmates that find banning pork if offensive to them , basically a religeon getting their way , a none religious person to this religeon is been telled they can't eat a certain meat at place of work or school , it's taken away one choice , freedom of choice
Many Muslims are just as offended, they are happy as long as they don't have to eat it for everyone else to have the choice. It's not a religion getting their own way it's people who think they know better how a religious person feels and they haven't asked them.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Many Muslims are just as offended, they are happy as long as they don't have to eat it for everyone else to have the choice. It's not a religion getting their own way it's people who think they know better how a religious person feels and they haven't asked them.
If it wasn't anything to do with religion we wouldn't be having this debate , simple as that , and no I don't know one muslim that offended that pork banned for schools and work places ,

Is a simple answer if pork on the menu and it against your religeon to eat or touch it , don't order it ,
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 03:50 PM

Is a simple answer if pork on the menu and it against your religeon to eat or touch it , don't order it ,
It is not that simple how do they know that their food is not contaminated by pork if it is served at the same establishnent? That is the whole point of Halal certification.

We know that cross contamination is a problem throughout the food industry.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 03:56 PM

The simple answer to this is if you have pork sausages on your shopping list. don't do your shopping at M&S.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is not that simple how do they know that their food is not contaminated by pork if it is served at the same establishnent? That is the whole point of Halal certification.

We know that cross contamination is a problem throughout the food industry.
That's so true I wouldn't anyone to have the problems I do, I cant eat anything I don't prepare at home it's too dangerous. You buy a sandwich eg egg and then when you end up in hospital you realise tomato and cucumbers were handled in same room and you have ended up going into allergic shock

Page 28 of 30 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top