Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 03:03 PM

Re: How old is your heart

Hi

I think it is a great thread, thanks for starting it Mups.

You can avoid all the personal stuff just by changing your DOB by a few days and your postcode by the last letter, it will make no difference to the result.

It is far more dangerous to have a supermarket points card than fill in a survey like this.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You see what I mean? You have already said all that just now, why the need to constantly reiterate?
Actually Mups, no, post22 is fairly shocking in its content, but post29 is quite different and had this been the only post it's a good one because you think actually that's quite right, you wouldn't give out that information to a stranger!

Post22, well it's so long most people probably lost the will to live after the first few paragraphs!
But the thing is Mups, it makes you THINK.
It makes you realise just how naive we all are online.

Unfortunately once you've done these daft quizzes and given out your details (which I did and now I wish I hadn't!) you can't take them back!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You can avoid all the personal stuff just by changing your DOB by a few days and your postcode by the last letter, it will make no difference to the result.

It is far more dangerous to have a supermarket points card than fill in a survey like this.
Rats! I never thought of that!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Thanks Swim, but I have still asked for it to close as I am not prepared to put up with another 50 pages of lectures.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Actually Mups, no, post22 is fairly shocking in its content, but post29 is quite different and had this been the only post it's a good one because you think actually that's quite right, you wouldn't give out that information to a stranger!

Post22, well it's so long most people probably lost the will to live after the first few paragraphs!
But the thing is Mups, it makes you THINK.

It makes you realise just how naive we all are online.

Unfortunately once you've done these daft quizzes and given out your details (which I did and now I wish I hadn't!) you can't take them back!

Rats! I never thought of that!

Yes, that's as may be Ruthio, and I have no wish to argue with you whatsoever.

However, I know from seeing this happen in other threads, that it will not end once it starts - it'#s worse than Brexit. Before you know it, it has reached 50 pages of arguing and repeated links to other places to try and prove a point.

It always the same on certain subjects. I want no part of it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 03:18 PM

Yes, that's as may be Ruthio, and I have no wish to argue with you whatsoever.

However, I know from seeing this happen in other threads, that it will not end once it starts - it'#s worse than Brexit. Before you know it, it has reached 50 pages of arguing and repeated links to other places to try and prove a point.

It always the same on certain subjects. I want no part of it.
OK
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Hi

I will start a thread on surveillance as some seem very interested, if somewhat misinformed.

Give me a day or two.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 03:46 PM

I don't give my dob and postcode, but in terms of cookies and tracking, posting on a forum also creates targeted ads so it's all part of making websites pay for themselves so we don't have to.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 03:59 PM

Just treat it as a bit of fun..I mean No-one can tell when We're going to die for gawds sake....My heart is as old as the rest of the organs in My body..75yrs..and My teeth are a wee bit younger...no need to get Ones knickers in a twist about it...Live long and prosper Y'all
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:11 PM

I thought it was a good thread Mups
I will live until I'm 86 ( if I don't get run over by a bus first )
However I didn't know my blood pressure or cholesterol.
It know I have low blood pressure and I know my cholesterol isn't great but don't know which is which good or bad still 86 is quite enough time to inflict myself on this world and I would like to go before I become a burden to my children or the council appropriates their inheritance .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:14 PM

Thanks Swim, but I have still asked for it to close as I am not prepared to put up with another 50 pages of lectures.
Hi Mups the thread is fine as is the link ...

This tool is a collaboration between the NHS website, Public Health England, UCL and the British Heart Foundation
If anyone doesn't feel 'safe' doing the quiz they can leave it alone.

The quiz is I am sure intended as 'a wake-up call' to make people assess their lifestyles and that has to be a good thing.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top