Join for free
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:45 AM

Re: Makeup can age the skin

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->

One option that we could try to help would be botox. I heard it takes our wrinkles away. I would love to get that.
I would also like to get the needle that puffs up the lips a little bit.

I once worked with someone who was addicted to having botox. She looked really surprised all the time as it shoots the eyebrows up. You have to have it redone every three months as the effects wear off. I wasn't impressed.

Celebs start to look really weird when they start to have fillers done all the time.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Facelifts are a wonderful thing
Ha! Ha! I would never be that stupid. Even though I don't have any wrinkles, my face has plenty of scars, which I have achieved over the years as the result of some of my daft exploits. If I was vain about my appearance I would use makeup to conceal them, but I don't.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 09:44 AM

What daft exploits ?
Do let us in on them .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What daft exploits ?
Do let us in on them .
Why would you be interested?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:31 PM

Then why mention it?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:44 PM

Oh???? Some secrets from Tara?????
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:55 PM

Botox and plastic surgery?
Now you’re entering a whole new level of vanity.

I might be vain in that I care about the way I look , down the colour of my nail polish but I’m certainly not obsessed with sitting in front of a mirror to admire myself excessively.I bathe, wash my hair ( let it dry on its own ) , throw on a bit of eye makeup only and that’s it. I’m done.

The thought of ironing out my laugh lines, stretching my skin and injecting needles to either plump up my lips or freeze an area is crazy to me.

The lines on my face are like a roadmap of my life and I’ve lived an extraordinary one thus far. I’ve laughed and cried more than anyone I know so feel I deserve those lines. They tell my life’s story and I wouldn’t want to change that for anything.

I might be a bit on the vain side but I enjoy life far too much to be that obsessed with my looks. And besides which, some of those women ,that have all these cosmetic surgeries ,look about as fake as their personalities.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:00 PM

Good attitude to have Bratti .... just be comfy with yourself and make the most of what you have.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:08 PM

Well said Bratti.

I remember reading about an actress June Brown, she said that she liked wearing wigs, she could tape her excess loose skin up and secure it under the wig.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I once worked with someone who was addicted to having botox. She looked really surprised all the time as it shoots the eyebrows up. You have to have it redone every three months as the effects wear off. I wasn't impressed.

Celebs start to look really weird when they start to have fillers done all the time.
Thanks Annie, nice to know that. I think I would like something, but when it get's right down to it, I usually don't bother.

I can get very expensive doing all the regular things that some of us do every month or 6 weeks....with our hair, nails, massages, wax jobs.....costly..

Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top