Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 10:36 PM

Re: Saga Holidays

Chris, if you come across any lonely gentlemen sporting facial hair, give them this address!
chris
hebrides.uk
chris is female  chris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 11:47 AM

Ha.Ha. Will do!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Chris, if you come across any lonely gentlemen sporting facial hair, give them this address!
I'll settle for one with a pulse
chris
hebrides.uk
chris is female  chris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2013, 04:42 PM

Ok, no problem. Some good video shots on You Tube at the Bel Jou see if you fancy anyone. Let me know & I will do my best for you! Sadly Henry the Rep has gone so he is def not available so if anyone going to Cyprus they could check him out. The best Rep we've ever had.
Trixie
Kent
Trixie is female  Trixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 06:48 AM

I've also done several Saga cruises, but haven't struck lucky in the romance department, but still hoping I'll meet an elderly millionaire who hasn't been to Specsavers!
I wasn't too impressed with the Caribbean either first time round, but this may have been because it was on a huge chavvy ship (not Saga). So I'm giving it another go this Xmas.
chris
hebrides.uk

09-09-2013, 08:59 AM

Hi Trixie, when we have been into Castries on a shopping trip we notice that if we go in when a ship is in dock that we are pestered by the locals. When no ship is in we have no problems except that the duty free shopping mall is closed. A number of friends like to do there own thing when on holiday so I guess it is the only time that the locals can earn some cash for themseves. We find that most of the gentlemen on our trips stay together, eat & drink together too. Scared of the ladies. Of course it could be the medication that they're on??? We have a lovely relaxing hol in the sun with good food & drinkable vino. Nice to watch these huge ships from the Hotel Balcony. The Catamaran trip or sunset cruise is our trip on the seas. Nice & short. Saga have a few new trips according to the brochures. May try one next yr. Have a wonderful hol at Xmas. We will be back home for that.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 09:23 AM

We have done 3 Caribbean cruises, 2 with P&O Oceana and one with the sister ship of Princess line, both have around 2000 passengers. Have to say we did not care for the Princess line, and have vowed never to travel with them again.
Like Saga as it is more friendly with fewer passengers.
Next year we have 2 cruises one with Cunard's Queen Victoria (see what I think of that but again about 2000 passengers) and the second is with Saga
Trixie
Kent
Trixie is female  Trixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 10:19 AM

Yes, Valice, it was the Princess line that I had such a bad experience on - it was like Butlins! Also so money-grabbing, they even charged for a bottle of water to take ashore!

Chris - thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely take the sunset cruise if Saga offers one. It's definitely cheaper to take a taxi or minibus round the islands, isn't it - that is if I can find another lady to share the cost!

Of course, Saga host a singles get-together lunch - this invariably comprises 40 women and one shell-shocked male!
chris
hebrides.uk

09-09-2013, 11:08 AM

Never enough men to go around for sure. The ones that are left are usually grumpy auld yins. Better not to have than them! You may find that on your cruise that you only have 12 hrs on the island. The cruise ships usually come in at 6-8 A.M. & leave about 6 P.M. The sunset cruise on the frigates leave Rodney Bay about 6 P.M. & are back in for 8ish. It is wonderful with Caribbean drums, canopies & white sparkly vino. They serve the local 'cocktail' too. The Catamaran trip is a 1/2 day trip & you can see on You tube last yrs excursion of Saga folk. The tour is for everybody not just Saga hence the youngish folk. The lady in the blue dress was full of fun. Hope she's back for more fun this year.
Trixie
Kent

09-09-2013, 01:22 PM

Thanks for the recommendations, Chris. But in December won't the sunset be earlier?

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top