Join for free
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 05:10 AM

The FlatIron Building

Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 08:42 AM

Re: The FlatIron Building

I remember walking past the building. Hope to do it again some day, with my partner, who has never been to the Big Apple
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 09:34 AM

Strangely beautiful. Is it offices or apartments? Either way it must be difficult to furnish the pointy bits !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 12:35 PM

Yes strangely beautiful as ST says
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 01:57 PM

It's certainly different, quirky, I like it.

With all the space they have in the US, I always wonder why they build upwards - why not just spread out a bit more?
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
It's certainly different, quirky, I like it.

With all the space they have in the US, I always wonder why they build upwards - why not just spread out a bit more?
There is no space to build out in Manhattan. It's not like being in Texas.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
There is no space to build out in Manhattan. It's not like being in Texas.
No, I imagine it isn't but they do have a liking for huge buildings even when they have the space..
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 05:44 PM

It is one of the more unusual buildings in NY, I am not sure how old it is, probably 1900 or so.

There are offices and apartments inside and shops all along the perimeter, if I recall correctly. It is in a part of Manhattan that I rarely go to.

I don't go to Manhattan much these days as I no longer work, but when I did I was 3 blocks away from the Twin Towers and when they came down, I had gone on a medical leave of absence a few days before, so was spared the madness and chaos of lower Manhattan.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top