Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Hermione
United Kingdom
Hermione is female  Hermione has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 02:20 PM

Nissan Qashqai do you drive one?

I am thinking of buying a second hand Qashqai just wonder if anyone has one and their opinion of it?

I prefer a manual petrol model and need the higher driving position of the Qashqai or similar at present I have a Zafira but its now 10+yrs old.

So any thoughts on the Qashai?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 02:48 PM

Re: Nissan Qashqai do you drive one?

They certainly seem very popular with young families
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 02:54 PM

No but I do have the Nissan xtrail Tenka 2014 new model (diesel version). This is the big brother to the squashy so very similar. comfort is first class but only being a 1.6cc engine it took some use to coming from a more powerful different make.

Being a pensioner I went for fuel economy against power but still wanted room (and a 4x4 crossover) and it has that in buckets. I also wanted a 7 seater for family reasons and this suited the bill, they have dropped the 7 seat squashy ,so only older models have it.
For me I am quite happy with it but would like a little more power which I am used to, it would have been better with say an1.8cc engine but the co emissions could shove it into a higher road tax bracket

Buying second hand is obviously different from buying new, but with a low mileage one from a main dealer you should be ok. What I would say is have an HPI check ( google HPI check) done by yourself to make sure there is no hidden history behind it, even from a main dealer.
There are plenty of squashies on the road which is a good indication ,so get one for the right price from a main dealer ( so you have some sort of comeback)and not a private sale you should be ok.
Check out dealers ex demos for good examples or even try and buy one which is still a demo model

My Nissan xtrail
Hermione
United Kingdom
Hermione is female  Hermione has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 03:13 PM

Thanks, a low mileage model from Nissan was what I had in mind I've been looking for a few weeks I think I need to test drive one before I decide. Can I ask why a diesel? Isn't diesel more expensive than petrol nowadays? I guess you must have a good reason.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 08:29 PM

More economical Hermione . Diesel cars now are on par with petrol in all respects as to driving one but when mine is run in the claim is 56MPG . Ok we all know manufactures figures are done either on a test track with no stopping or starting or on a rolling road. But I am getting around 49MPG and the engine is not even "run in" yet having done just on 1000 miles. Diesel may cost a bit more at the pump but on a tank full you can go so much further than a petrol model. so it equals out if not better than petrol.

Deisel engines go on for ever 150,000 to 200,000 miles is not uncommon, the car will age not the engine. Torque (pulling power) is better as well.
personally I would never go back to petrol, even my wifes Kia ceed estate is a diesel.
Go to a dealer and try out a diesel squashy car and see what you think

Just done a comparison on the 2wheel drive basic 1.2cc squashy on petrol and same as diesel

Petrol combined 40.9 MPG
Diesel combined 78.5 MPG
ASk for a brochure so you can cross check for yourself
Hermione
United Kingdom

22-01-2015, 09:16 PM

Thanks
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 12:26 PM

My son has one, (they were called 'Dualis' here) I think they are a bit underpowered with only 2 litre petrol or 1.6 litre diesel motor available, but they are fairly economic to run.

Diesel is only really economic if you do a lot of Ks.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-01-2015, 12:36 PM

quote " Diesel is only really economic if you do a lot of Ks."unquote

What you have to compare is not so much the amount of miles one does but how far one goes on a tank full of fuel. It does not matter if they are short or long trips. So with all due respect Bruce your statement is a little flawed.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
quote " Diesel is only really economic if you do a lot of Ks."unquote

What you have to compare is not so much the amount of miles one does but how far one goes on a tank full of fuel. It does not matter if they are short or long trips. So with all due respect Bruce your statement is a little flawed.
That is just your opinion, there are others:

Meanwhile Australia’s love affair with diesel cars may prove to be misguided for some buyers. Figures from the Federal Government’s Green Vehicle Guide show that while diesel cars are more efficient on the open road than petrol cars, their advantage is diminished greatly in city and suburban driving.

“You still get savings in a diesel car but the reality is the savings aren’t as great if you’re only driving around town,” said Mr Khoury. “Plus, some of the latest petrol engines are almost as efficient as diesel engines, and in most cases petrol cars are cheaper to buy.”

The latest Volkswagen Golf 90TSI petrol sips an average of 5.4L/100k, just a fraction more than the superseded Golf 77TDI which uses 5.2L/100km, according to Green Vehicle Guide fuel rating label figures.

“It comes down to individual driving habits,” said Mr Khoury. “People need to do their research and find what suits them best. If you do a lot of open road driving a diesel might make more sense, but around town some of the new petrol engines might be better.”
http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...ncy-myth-22846
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-01-2015, 09:30 PM

You still get savings in a diesel car but the reality is the savings aren’t as great if you’re only driving around town,” said Mr Khoury.

then goes on to say

Quote "but around town some of the new petrol engines might be better.” Unquote

This guy does not even know what he is saying. A complete idiot even contradicts his own words. Next he will say he has seen pink elephants flying.

Bruce as nice a guy as you are posting other peoples opinions is not a good idea let alone from Federal Government’s Green Vehicle Guide

This Mr Khoury would be better talking about LEGGO than cars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top