Join for free
Page 135 of 370 « First < 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 12:40 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Hi guys,

I’m still doing my 1/2 hour yoga every morning. Today was needle nose which included monkey pose. I find the names amusing.

I walked over 4 kilometres with my dogs but then jogged it without them. Our little Yorkie is over 12.
The roads are finally clearing up with the nicer weather and it sure was refreshing jogging with just a t shirt on today.

Floydy - I use to lift weights years ago but stopped because I use to overdo it and would end up with fibromyalgia symptoms.
I still have a Pacific Fitness Solana down in the basement that I no longer use.
It takes a lot of discipline to do what you do so good for you.

Balance balls are not an ideal fitness accessory. Years ago when I weighed more I used them and there were certain exercises I couldn’t do the same as the instructor. Now years later doing this DVD I realized I could easily do them properly which proved that using a balance ball didn’t allow the body to be in proper alignment. If the body isn’t in proper alignment then the exercise can be done wrong.

Surfermom- Chasing after dogs should be considered exercise.
Your drive to your parents house sounds similar to what I’m doing.

Ruthio- another nothing person. That was funny.
Your picture is beautiful. Is that where you walk?

Old grey fox- hi. I’m new here. Your vacation sounds wonderful.

Question for walkers & joggers.

How do you hydrate yourself during the hot months?
Water bottle?
Flask?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 04:48 PM

Super work there Bratti what with the dog walking and yoga session beforehand. Keep it up!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My car was in for its service this morning and I got it back at lunchtime with no problems. So hot on the heels and a day earlier than planned I’ve done my legs session which was the first in over a week.

Apart from some minor amendments from last time by putting the same “plus reps” in place as with my new upper body routine yesterday, there was nothing untoward to report on my performance today. The extra reps, done after pausing at the most strenuous point of the movement, were typically difficult which of course means that they are working my muscles in the correct way. I’m very happy that I can still keep this exercise lark up to a high standard, especially for my age and I’m resisting the temptation to start going heavier again – I certainly don’t need any more knee trouble.

It’s especially nice when I get comments from some of the really big lads in the gym on “How the hell can I do this many reps with that heavy a weight?”. Years of practice, technique and accumulative strength and size to match I tell them, lol!

Tuesday, 27 Mar 18: Legs.

Leg extensions, 40kg:
25+3 / 20+3 / 15+3

Seated ham curls, 40kg:
40+2 / 30+2 / 20+2

Incline press, 150kg:
50+5 / 30+5 / 35+5
*Got the reps wrong on the second set, so I had to add an extra 10 to the third instead and it bloody hurt!

Adductor, 60kg:
35+2 / 25+2 / 15+2

Abductor, 60kg:
25+2 / 20+2 / 15+2
Both of these are always done with the full weight stack in place and if I could go heavier I would, but it’s not possible on a stacker machine, so the reps have to remain high instead.

Sled press, 120kg:
50+5 / 30+5 / 20+5
*Notice I have dropped this from 150 to 120kgs as I also used the incline press as well today. No need to kill myself with that much weight and reps on two similar exercises.

And as I was saying yesterday about doing ab crunches every session, well I tried today but as it’s so long since I did any my stomach muscles were still a little sore, so I’ll do these on alternate workouts to give them a rest.

35 mins.

I was surprised how quick that lot took to complete, but everything was done as planned, so job’s a good ‘un as they say!

Thanks for reading
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 07:56 PM

Nice workout Floydy, and good to see Bratti making regular appearances. I took these photos just for you Floydy....It's the gym on board the ship.....Enjoy...
I only used these running machines once mainly for walking, had I been in good condition I'd have been up here in the gym almost every day....
The windows go all round the front of the ship and you can see where you are going while doing your workouts......Awesome!

Rowing machines are supposed to be good for all round fitness...
I don't know what the machine on the end does?

What on earth is this machine for Floydy?

Hands and feet.....These machines need a special technique...Had a go....very strange....

Another strange looking instrument of torture....

I bet you would never be out of here Floydy.....

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 09:13 PM

Hi Bob,
These are fantastic mate, right up my street and too right - I would love playing around in that gym. Can't believe the range of equipment they had on board. Nice to see you had a go on the treadmill, that should help you with your recovery no end

You asked about three of those machines in particular. I had a chuckle as I read with some humour about your bewilderment with these, you sounded like someone from another planet I'll try to clarify what they are used for with some similar apparatus:

This is generally called the ham curl machine, for training the hamstrings. As you can see the person on it puts his legs over the pad and pulls them back to strengthen the hamstrings. I used this today and it's a regular feature of my leg training.

This is the cross trainer. You stand on it, hold the two upright bars and place your feet on the footplates and start moving the body, twisting as you go. It's a piece of cardio equipment and burns off many calories. I stopped using it as it began to affect my lower back as the spine cannot be in alignment with this device, but others swear by it to keep fit and/or lose weight.

Finally, the "low row", which you may have seen me mention. I use it on occasion but it isn't a regular exercise of mine now as I'm doing more of a high reps routine.
Anyway, you sit on the seat and hold the bars in front and pull them back alternately, or together if you wish. It's for developing the back muscles, but also works the biceps pretty well as a secondary movement.

Thanks very much for posting these Bob, it's great to see this and I think you would enjoy some time in a gym or leisure centre trying this stuff out someday. You're never too old to train in a gym bud.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 09:22 PM

Thanks Floydy, very informative, I'm sure some of those machines would be just the kind of exercise I need for core strength. When I've got this Piriformis sorted out I might take you up on your offer....Be gentle with me though....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-03-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Floydy, very informative, I'm sure some of those machines would be just the kind of exercise I need for core strength. When I've got this Piriformis sorted out I might take you up on your offer....Be gentle with me though....
Do it Bob, I can give you all the advice you need mate. But get a thorough health check and do a few sessions with a PT before you attempt to do anything you're not sure of. Go for it!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 05:57 AM

How wonderful to have so much going on there! Meanwhile, a few thousand miles to your west or south, as the case my be, our days in this Land of Oz have been filled with preparing the vegetable and flower gardens, helping with the spring cleaning, and otherwise enjoying the simple pleasures of being with my parents. In other words - I have worn myself out and am basically covered head to toe in mud .

Floydy, I too am impressed with all of those heavy weights and the way in which you seem to complete your routine in such a short amount of time. Am I correct that your try to minimize the time between sets and exercise for the most part? It sounds like good news on the car; I spent a painful on my Honda Oddity (Odyssey, haha) minivan getting it ready for this trip, but it feels good to know that I can generally depend on it for another 100K.

Bratti, nice to have you back. I am sure that like OGF and me, the scenery near your home is one of the pleasures of your outings. That you are getting a combination walk/run sounds perfect, and I am wondering whether or not you have ever tried to run with any of your dogs. I have a shepherd mix who was once a phenomenal partner but a back injury ended her ability to run long distances. I have thought about getting one of my dogs trained to run with me but I haven't disciplined myself to get on with it. Great job with and thank you for the poses. Your flexibility is amazing!

OGF, how fun to see your photos! That setup is identical to that of my other cruises and I think that I mentioned that my goal is always to be on the treadmill running when the ship leave port the first day. Not only is the view spectacular, but the sense of speed is thrilling. Good for you in trying out the cross trainer. It does put less pounding force on your joints, but it takes a little practice. I do it without using the arms so I can better mimic a running posture.

The quick report is that it is chilly and rainy, but I decided to make a go of it in the drizzle, craving the feel of my feet on the road. Six miles at a ten minute pace was not particularly good, but how relaxing it was to run past the familiar wheat and the alfalfa fields with their lavender carpets and grassy aromas that remind me that I am once again...

...home .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Only last week!
We were staying in Brighton for a few days... gorgeous sunshine and walks.
My weekly walk is across the road in a huge park.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-03-2018, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Only last week!
We were staying in Brighton for a few days... gorgeous sunshine and walks.
My weekly walk is across the road in a huge park.
Is the road in the park, Ruthio. You walk across it and then come back home again?
Only joking. bet it's a nice stroll in the summer especially
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:27 AM

Youre in a very silly mood this morning!!!!
And its catching!!!

Page 135 of 370 « First < 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top