Join for free
Page 34 of 370 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:05 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Does anybody else understand what I'm trying to convey? It's not difficult, Rachel.

These reports are more suited to a fitness forum, that's all. Sounds logical to me
Yessss

Please don't imagine I was intending to belittle your achievements.

I was looking at the posts on this thread as a whole and treating them thus.

In the past few days it would seem that a number of men on this website have become wound up.

That's all

It's unlike me to voice my opinions as I have today (it doesn't happen often) and I shall now return to my cave
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yessss

Please don't imagine I was intending to belittle your achievements.

I was looking at the posts on this thread as a whole and treating them thus.

In the past few days it would seem that a number of men on this website have become wound up.

That's all

It's unlike me to voice my opinions as I have today (it doesn't happen often) and I shall now return to my cave
Hey Rachel, I see what's going on on this forum - and I largely stay out of it tbh. There's a lot of baiting happening at the moment.

All sorted now, and you're one of the nicer ones I think
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hey Rachel, I see what's going on on this forum - and I largely stay out of it tbh. There's a lot of baiting happening at the moment.

All sorted now, and you're one of the nicer ones I think
Oh pooo

You old smoothie

Thank for that ... 'tis fascinating to observe

Oi ... what do you mean 'I think' ?

No don't answer that
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 08:32 AM

I'm still exercising Floydy. However, I decided that I was only repeating the same routine every week and I think people weren't very interested in reading about it anyway. Staying fit is a personal thing I suppose.

Nobody else here is interested in cycling for exercise and I think unless someone uses the same way of keeping fit, it does get a bit like talking to oneself.

Funnily enough, my stomach is now the flattest it's been in years and I've lost a good bit of weight. It wasn't the miles of cycling or brisk walking that did it either. It's because I've had some fairly major jobs to do in the house. They involved not only lifting and moving stuff around but also bending about quite a bit to get into awkward positions and spaces.

Just shows that a person perhaps doesn't have to have an exercise regime but just keep flexing, bending and be generally active.

Maybe I should just have a pile of earth in the garden that I move around from place to place ..or build bits and pieces of fitted furniture, keep knocking them down and re-building them. It might be a better way of keeping in shape than all of that walking and cycling that I do.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 10:47 AM

Today's run was a blast, a bit cooler and lower humidity and I was up on me toes....
Put in a couple of fast bits and arrived home feeling ready to tackle some of those jobs Mrs Fox has got on her list...That's what I told her anyway, but here I am at ten thirty still perusing the forum and making a nuisance of myself...

Mart, I've missed your postings of late and although you might think that your posts go ignored they have put an idea in my head. Although my main discipline is running, I have in the past done some long rides on the bike including the Coast to Coast which came out at around three hundred miles taken over three days. Well I'm not planning on repeating the expedition but I fancy getting the bike down out of the loft and doing a bit on the days I don't run. And it's all because of you Mart.....So you see, your posts might be actually helping to encourage people to give it a go. Watch this space......
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 12:01 PM

Thanks OGF - I hope you will enjoy the occasional bike ride.

I once put a web site together describing our bike rides and the fortunes of four or five older cyclists, including the youngest that was me. We called ourselves 'The Over-the-Hill Off-Road Cycling Club' . Sadly, a couple of the older ones of us have died and there is now only my older brother and I left.

We still ride regularly (going out this afternoon in fact) but we're not the energetic people we once were. I'm pretty much fit for my age though.

Virgin Media discontinued giving their customers some free web space and our cycling site no longer exists. I still have all the files and writings it contained though and below is an account of a long-distance bike ride my brother and I did in 1997. Hard to think this almost 20 years ago. The account is a bit long I'm afraid but it is in the post below for anyone with interest and patience enough to read it. We did one other long-distance ride but I won't bore people with it.

Edit: On second thoughts, the account is very long and probably more suited to being part of the web site I used to have.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

08-09-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Just shows that a person perhaps doesn't have to have an exercise regime but just keep flexing, bending and be generally active.

Maybe I should just have a pile of earth in the garden that I move around from place to place ..or build bits and pieces of fitted furniture, keep knocking them down and re-building them. It might be a better way of keeping in shape than all of that walking and cycling that I do.

This is encouraging Mart .

I am currently using, bow saw and pruning saw to tackle some fairly hefty fig tree roots and other 'stuff'.

Too hot out there now but I fully intend to continue later.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

08-09-2016, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
This is encouraging Mart .

I am currently using, bow saw and pruning saw to tackle some fairly hefty fig tree roots and other 'stuff'.

Too hot out there now but I fully intend to continue later.
It sounds as if that ought to keep you (and the garden) in trim Rachel.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

08-09-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It sounds as if that ought to keep you (and the garden) in trim Rachel.
It might help a bit unsure.
I'm one of those people who never gets muscly

I thought making the decking might get me looking fitter but even though it was quite heavy work and took a day or three ... nope.

Anyway, enough of my chat. This thread should be about proper exercise.
Apologies for diversion.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 02:51 PM

Good post, Mart.
I think if you keep to a moderately active lifestyle, it should keep the niggles at bay and prolong health and fitness.

Moving a pile of earth from one place to another reminds me of the old American jail regime of moving rocks back and forth. Ever see that excellent film "The Last Castle" with Robert Redford starring in it?

Keep it up, Mart

Page 34 of 370 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top