Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 06:21 AM

Re: Playing the race card

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Bruce,

What does Puerto Rico have to do with anything ? Hmm?
I was merely doing my best to cheer you up after you were complaining that you had been born poor white trash in America. I merely remarked that I could have been worse if you had been born in Puerto Rica. Obviously no pleasing some people.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 06:23 AM

Hey, where is that white privilege ?

Some body giving away free stuff ?

How do I get in on some of that ?

Sounds pretty cool.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:01 AM

Bruce,

What does Puerto Rico have to do with anything ? Hmm?
Puerto Rican's are , by law, U.S. citizens and can move freely to the U.S. anytime they feel like it.

The only "right" they do not yet have, is being able to vote in U.S. NATIONAL ELECTIONS. they can and do vote in their own countries elections. If they voted in a decent group of people they could have a great country.

They have their own government.

No one is stopping Puerto Ricans from economically developing their homeland.

As a one-time Spanish colony, they have engrained within them a Spanish/Hispanic way of thinking, just the same as the Philippines, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Cuba, and all of the northern portion of South America.

That thinking is "manana". It means , tomorrow. In other words, why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow.

That's just the way it is. The white man is in no way responsible for those countries way of thinking. It's a heritage of ancient times.

It's a curious thing. Former British colonies, for the most part, are now rapidly advancing. Just look at Hong Kong and Singapore. Both of them are economic power houses.

Now, look at former Spanish colonies. Are any of them economically stable, let alone power houses ? Heck no !

If you had lived in any of those countries, as I have, you would understand how they think. Graft and corruption prevail. Time means nothing.

Even the most basic of business sense is totally lacking. At every single store near me, in Mexico, they don't understand that they need to be able to make proper change following a customers purchase. If I go to Calimax, a large supermarket, they rarely have change for even a small Mexican peso paper bill (50 peso note).

If I buy a single carton of milk, costs 18 peso (about 1 USD) I could be forced to accept 32 individual Mexican coins in change, instead of two 20 peso notes, and one 2 peso coin.

Seriously, how do they ever expect to advance if something so basic eludes them ?

Blame it on the white man. Right ?
Good post Bakerman .
So often colonialism is blamed for everything especially British colonialism it it brought benefits too.
Look at India it has the British language and education system that has helped it to develop as it is doing now .
The problem with let's say Africa is that it didn't have enough ( British ) colonialism and look at the state of many of its countries now .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:43 AM

hi bakerman I wonder whether you would consider this as playing the race card??

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...14&CMP=ema_632
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
hi bakerman I wonder whether you would consider this as playing the race card??

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...14&CMP=ema_632
No ! Absolutely not. The people who are wrongly complaining about what Pres trump said are the ones playing the race card.

Pres. Trump did not use any racial words to describe LeBron James. Trumps mistake was that he merely said LeBron was not terrible smart. Big mistake. In todays leftist controlled media, you can't say ANYTHING negative about a person of color, without being called racist. If Trump had said exactly the same thing about a white basketball player, no one would have noticed.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 09:23 AM

No one ever gave me a single thing just because I happen to be white.

As a child, my family were extraordinarily poor. In fact, we had so little food that we often had literally nothing to eat. How bad was it ? At age 16 I was 190 cm tall and weighed 51 kilo.

Yeah, wise guy, tell me all about "white privilege".
Here's an attempt to explain white privilege to a white person born in poverty.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/gina-...b_5269255.html

Here's the Peggy McIntosh article mentioned, but it's heavier reading than the first link

https://nationalseedproject.org/whit...sible-knapsack
bakerman
Mexico

05-08-2018, 10:28 AM

No insult implied Boot, but that link is a bunch of ridiculous nonsense. For every one of those items listed, I can name 2 or 3 privileges that women have, but men do not.

The entire concept of "white privilege" has been invented by leftists who want us to divide us along racial lines and make us feel guilty. If we feel guilt, we are more likely to vote for the leftist agenda.

Well, guess what, I don't feel a hint of guilt. Sorry, I ain't buyin' it.

When I was in college, I had two choices: kowtow to the leftist professors and regurgitate what they said, OR flunk out . I am ashamed to say I kowtowed and graduated. But, it left me with a deep, hatred of leftists.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 10:36 AM

There is a lot of unpleasant racism bandied about on this forum.
bakerman
Mexico

05-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
There is a lot of unpleasant racism bandied about on this forum.

Just because you say it is racist, does not make it true.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 10:42 AM

Be fair Bakerman ... the minute I question anything the Israeli government do on here I get called anti-Semitic or racist. Usually by you.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top