Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 12:01 AM

We are doomed I tell you - doomed!

been enjoying your great hot summer this year in UK? then read on McDuff for you next summer and the rest of the world of course

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-e...p+news+stories
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 12:39 AM

Re: We are doomed I tell you - doomed!

Ever since reading J.G.Ballard's novels in the 1960's (In The Wind from Nowhere, The Drowned World, The Burning World) and others of a similar ilk, I have been convinced that humans were sowing the seeds of their own destruction and the situation (even at that time) was critical. Of course, people like myself were laughed at by the rest of the world back then, but they're not laughing now .....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 06:15 AM

I must go back and read one of my novels of "conversation with God" by Neal Donald Walsch ; in which if I can recall the details God did warn that we were capable of destroying the planet and may very well do so!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 07:16 AM

It is a long time since we had such a consistently hot Summer - but it is not unique. I can remember long hot Summer hols as a child - riding on a borrowed bicycle and running over tar bubbles on the road, finding dehydrated starfish on the beach and seeking shelter in caves or woodland when it became too hot.

As they say - what goes around comes around!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 08:52 AM

I have my lovely air-cooler, fill it with cold water and a few ice cubes, switch on and it blows lovely cool air at me. If we are set for more warm summers, then I'll be fine with my air-cooler.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 08:56 AM

It's just one hot summer, I think we have to wait and see what future summers are like but there is no denying the dangers of ignoring climate change.

Our relationship with the planet has to change that's for sure.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I must go back and read one of my novels of "conversation with God" by Neal Donald Walsch ; in which if I can recall the details God did warn that we were capable of destroying the planet and may very well do so!
I'm convinced we will not destroy the planet, just ourselves which I am not too worried about.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I have my lovely air-cooler, fill it with cold water and a few ice cubes, switch on and it blows lovely cool air at me. If we are set for more warm summers, then I'll be fine with my air-cooler.
Mines due to be delivered tomorrow and sods law it's meant to be a lot cooler here from tomorrow, oh well we can put it away for next year I suppose

I don't think we are doomed, there are always scare mongerers. Like tabby, I too remember some hot summers in times gone by.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I bought an air cooler UJ specifically for a spare bedroom where my grandkids sleep when they stay. It cost over £100 and I have to admit it is a total waste of money...it works using water and ice packs....rubbish, it makes no impact on the room temperature whatsoever... I'm surprised yours works so well.. I would not recommend them at all.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I bought an air cooler UJ specifically for a spare bedroom where my grandkids sleep when they stay. It cost over £100 and I have to admit it is a total waste of money...it works using water and ice packs....rubbish, it makes no impact on the room temperature whatsoever... I'm surprised yours works so well.. I would not recommend them at all.
Oh heck, the one we ordered is 130 quid, it's a one concept is that the one you have summer. ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top