Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:04 AM

Re: Do you ever think...

I notice those who are on OFF a lot so just think they want company even if it is the online kind, and it is good that they can have this thanks to computers etc..especially if they are housebound.

Nothing missing in my life except for youth .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:41 AM

I don't regard forums as being company because they aren't reality, where I am concerned.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:41 AM

I tend to be on it if I'm in just watching tv any way
And because I use my phone, sometimes I'm on it when travelling (Not driving!)

Today I'll be stuck in all day doing the school work I've been putting off. So right now.... I'm still putting it off! I'll probably take breaks and look in from time to time.

I'm sure others do this thing too:
sometimes I don't log out I just leave the site and so it still looks like I'm online when I'm off doing other stuff
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't regard forums as being company because they aren't reality, where I am concerned.
If my comment was not a reality answer to a question..what do you consider it was then !!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:56 AM

I spend a lot of time on my computer but for most part i.m doing something constructive like computer graphics or using word to write my poetry.

My computer room is my hideaway and for my me time as I do have a busy life. Hubby pops in now and then with coffee for me.

I was addicted to Facebook and was on there every spare moment then it began to annoy me so I decided to test myself and see if I could stay away. I only go on now to play words with friends and other FB game platform games. I removed FB from my phone and I surprised myself as i.ve found I don't miss it. I spend about too much time on here I suppose but then I enjoy some peoples personalities on here and I enjoy reading what they have to say. Some are lovely, interesting people and i.d like to meet some in 'real life'
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:09 AM

I try to occupy myself with real life priorities and other interests if at all possible in favour of going onto the internet. I'm talking specifically about forums, not the internet in general (looking at news, shopping etc).

It's great to chat, discuss, debate and make 'friends' with other cyberspace users but I do see people on forums such as this becoming so engrossed in internet life that they seem to be on the net all their waking hours. True, I do spend some time on here in particular, I read the new posts and answer notifications but then I switch off for a few hours and resume my real life essentials. Many people on here need to get themselves a proper hobby. I personally will have more hobbies when I am finished with working nights.

Also, when some people (and I have been affected by this) get annoyed, irritated to the point of arguing and bickering all the time then to me that is not enjoyment. So again, I need to tell myself to turn the bloody thing off for a while because if we don't we are in danger of becoming like teenage girls.

Life requires everything in moderation and that includes the internet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:16 AM

I've adjusted my life now that I'm retired, to include some time on this forum. Trouble is; Left unmolested, I have no idea how much time I have spent perusing the forum. I might spend an hour on the forum while having my breakfast, I need something to digest other than my porridge.....So if I wasn't on the forum I'd be reading something or watching the telly while I eat, and like Mart, I have a telly positioned just to the left of me.

But the problem arises when Mrs Fox goes out in the mornings, and then there is nobody to tut at me and remind me just how many jobs there are on 'The List' and before I know it, breakfast has turned into lunch.....
So in that situation, Yes! I probably do spend too much time on my Netbook.

In the evenings I once again return to the forum while half watching the telly, usually I'm too tired to do anything else so it's just nice to sit and rest. Because you have virtually no input to what occurs on the TV and Newspapers I prefer to converse with real people (you are real aren't you?) and these days I obtain most of my news from the forum, and also like to read what other members think.
You have replaced my work colleagues....So for that I thank you all....

The internet is such a marvellous thing and gives us a new way to communicate with each other, you can either embrace it or ignore it, but it's not going to go away anytime soon, and we'd be lost without it now....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:21 AM

Do people post online whilst also watching TV?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It depends where I am. If I'm using the forum via my phone downstairs I would probably have the TV on as well. If I'm upstairs on my PC then I don't have a TV nearby.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I don't as I don't have a tV in my computer room. I don't do social media when watching TV in my living room.

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top