Join for free
Page 24 of 56 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:34 AM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Solipsism.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:45 AM

After picking up my prescription from Boots there was a note attached saying their records show I was entitled to a free flu jab, nothing from the surgery as yet.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
After picking up my prescription from Boots there was a note attached saying their records show I was entitled to a free flu jab, nothing from the surgery as yet.
If you are eligible for a free flu jab Boots can normally do it for you.... which saves waiting for an appointment at the Docs!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:02 AM

My friend always had flu jab but sadly she died last year of the flu! I.m undecided what to do this year as i.ve had it for last 5 years but last year I had 3 chest infections and pneumonia all in quick succession of each other.

I wonder why they can't do one flu jab that would last forever instead of yearly, but then that wouldn't benefit the pharmaceutical companies would it.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If you are eligible for a free flu jab Boots can normally do it for you.... which saves waiting for an appointment at the Docs!
That's what I'll be doing.
caricature
Devon,England.

23-09-2018, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My friend always had flu jab but sadly she died last year of the flu! I.m undecided what to do this year as i.ve had it for last 5 years but last year I had 3 chest infections and pneumonia all in quick succession of each other.

I wonder why they can't do one flu jab that would last forever instead of yearly, but then that wouldn't benefit the pharmaceutical companies would it.
I had chest infections last winter,but also know some one who had pneumonia who didn't have the flu jab.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:13 AM

Flu viruses mutate into different types of flu, so a long term injection would only offer protection for a short time.
Remember Bird flu, Asian flu, Spanish flu and lots of others
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You really can't help yourself can you Realist, it's like some sort of weird obsession with you.

I am sure there can't be a person on this forum who doesn't know how you feel, so why keep on saying the same old thing?
It makes no sense for me not have it, if it works great, if it is neutral so what? No big deal, it’s just a painless jab
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
It makes no sense for me not have it, if it works great, if it is neutral so what? No big deal, it’s just a painless jab
It's only neutral in respect of it's ability to shield you from the flu. The truth is the flu vaccine is useless snake oil pushed onto an unsuspecting and uninformed public using deliberate underhand scare tactics. It's certainly NOT neutral in terms of the adverse impacts to your health.

You have literally NOTHING to be gained by having the flu shot, and lots to lose by having it. If you are given FLUAD, the latest so-called "enhanced" shot, then you risk the various adverse side effects listed below.

And if those adverse effects are meaningless to you then you could simply do the courteous and decent thing and not have the flu shot so that if/when you do get the flu, you aren't then spreading it around to everyone else 6 times more than unvaccinated people. Having the flu shot greatly affects everyone else around you. There is no rational reason for having the flu shot imho.

FLUAD Adverse Side Effects

Very Common - Headache, Myalgia, Tenderness, pain at injection site, fatigue,

Common - Nausea, Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Sweating, Arthralgia

Other General disorders observed

Asthenia, Influenza-Like Illness

Extensive swelling of injected limb lasting more than one week, injection-site cellulitis-like reaction (some cases of swelling, pain and redness extending more than 10 cm and lasting more than one week).

Allergic reactions including anaphylactic shock (in rare cases), anaphylaxis and angioedema.

Pain in the extremity, muscular weakness

Encephalomyelitis, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, convulsions, neuritis, neuralgia, paraesthesia, syncope, presyncope.

Generalised skin reactions including erythema multiforme, urticaria, pruritus or non-specific rash.

Vasculitis with transient renal involvement.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:25 PM

I wonder why they can't do one flu jab that would last forever
$$$$$$$$$$$$

Page 24 of 56 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top