Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:06 PM

Re: WARNING! Britain braced for Mega Cyclone!

I was just grinning to myself Tara, you having a Michael Fish moment!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:06 PM

Just scaremongering , yes we may have a storm coming , perhaps high wind . I so dislike the media . They love people to panic , now the shops will be empty of food
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:08 PM

All good here in southern Spain

33 degrees and sunny
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bring it on, we’re tough in the U.K.!

Look how we battled through and survived the roasting hot weather not many weeks ago..... we did, didn’t we?
Groan! just about Art!! We were on holiday at a cottage in Harlech on the very first day of that sweltering heatwave. There were the beautiful miles and miles of golden sand and it was too hot to take the dogs on the permitted areas of beach during the daytime. I spent most of the week sitting under the parasol in the garden with a long cool drink and the crosswords,(and the dogs lying under the table) I didn't like it that hot and we stayed put unless we went out into town or in the evenings. I wouldn't like to live in permanent hot weather like that.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-09-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
All good here in southern Spain

33 degrees and sunny
Jammy! my brother and SIL are in Cala Galdana in Menorca at the moment, loving it!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:34 PM

Well we get the tail end of these storms in the UK at this time of year, they can be strong by our standards depending on where they arrive.

Most weaken as the travel towards Britain and usually, bother Scotland far more than the South,.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:41 PM

The Daily Express has as much credibility with weather stories as the Daily Mail does with politics
It is disgraceful the way they put out this exaggerated tripe time after time, it is always based loosely on reality but exaggerated to ridiculous proportions, I thought when they got new owners it might improve, but it would seem not! The reality of the story is that up in the North it looks like Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be a bit windy, it’s called weather I think....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 05:53 PM

this is a good site for weather.

https://www.windy.com/?53.550,-1.483,5
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 06:02 PM

I live in the NW and the weather forecasts have warned of heavy rain and strong winds to N. Ireland, northern England and northern Scotland. They also said the the south of England would have temps in the mid 20s.

The weather is strange, but I am sure we have had worse, so it is just a case of making sure you are as safe as you can be in a storm.
Just remember these wise words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR0lOtdvqyg
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 07:39 PM

Well, I haven't had my greenhouse put up yet and my shed is on it's last legs, I still have the de-humidifyer in the kitchen from the leak so I should be ok except they still haven't fixed the holes in the roof felt.
I have umbrellas!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top