Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 08:18 PM

Re: Why Did You Forsake Us Ireland?

Originally Posted by Mountaintop ->
With the greatest respect, our Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, never used any vitriol against anybody. Your personalised attack on him, 'very haughty and smug', is offensive. Totally uncalled for and emotive.
With respect Mountaintop, I believe I have been very restrained in my description of him. You obviously read my post, I stand by what I think of him. Who is he to state publicly that the UK should be treated as a third world country when we leave the EU. Only when he stops strutting around as though he runs the EU and starts to treat the UK as a friend and neighbour, will my feelings about him ever change.
Mountaintop
Ireland, Meath
Mountaintop is male  Mountaintop has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
With respect Mountaintop, I believe I have been very restrained in my description of him. You obviously read my post, I stand by what I think of him. Who is he to state publicly that the UK should be treated as a third world country when we leave the EU. Only when he stops strutting around as though he runs the EU and starts to treat the UK as a friend and neighbour, will my feelings about him ever change.
He never said 'Third World', he said 'Third Country'. I note your sensitivity towards him. I won't display the same sensitivity towards your politicians in some of the insulting comments they make about Ireland. We're used to it: No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 08:39 PM

As someone living in NI, whilst the move is towards a united Ireland, what Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar is doing is totally out of order

There will be a United Ireland, we have been moving towards it for the past 20 years.

He is being underhand and pushing for a vote for a united Ireland on the back of the Brexit vote and that is wrong

When the time comes for me to vote on a united Ireland, I want a free vote
Mountaintop
Ireland, Meath
Mountaintop is male  Mountaintop has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
As someone living in NI, whilst the move is towards a united Ireland, what Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar is doing is totally out of order

There will be a United Ireland, we have been moving towards it for the past 20 years.

He is being underhand and pushing for a vote for a united Ireland on the back of the Brexit vote and that is wrong

Signing off this page now. It's not a debate. It's an echo chamber. No truth in half of what is said here, only opinion masquerading as fact. No point giving a counter argument because it's ignored. Again, above comments purely personal but stated as fact: 'underhand and pushing for a united Ireland'. Not true. But you can believe what you want, love, no one's going to change your mind anyway.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 08:50 PM

Hi

What a fantastic post Missy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I quite agree. Ireland is a very small country compared to Germany, France and the UK.

The impression I get is that Varadkar is a little man who is getting above his station. It's like the little wimp of a schoolboy who, because he is hanging around with the school bullies, feels that he can throw his weight around with impunity.

I think he has a bit of a surprise coming!

The UK is its own worst enemy inasmuch as it is far too polite and willing to bend over backwards to suit others. If we should ever see another strong PM in the near future, I sincerely hope that all of our generosity will stop and, as has been said, appropriate consequences befall those who have thought to take advantage of our good nature.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mountaintop ->
Signing off this page now. It's not a debate. It's an echo chamber. No truth in half of what is said here, only opinion masquerading as fact. No point giving a counter argument because it's ignored. Again, above comments purely personal but stated as fact: 'underhand and pushing for a united Ireland'. Not true. But you can believe what you want, love, no one's going to change your mind anyway.

You are correct, no one is going to change my mind - unless they can come up with a real good argument that what is happening is for the good for the people of NI

if you don't want to debate, then run away, no skin of my nose

So thats two of us on here saying he's the problem and yet you have no arguement for his corner

Tell you what, you just carry on taking the coin that suits you best
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 09:32 PM

There will be a united Ireland only when the majority of NI citizens vote for it.
Mel15
Nowhere

21-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There will be a united Ireland only when the majority of NI citizens vote for it.
greeing

You are correct

And all the polls are agreeing a united Ireland is coming sooner then some want
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-09-2018, 09:43 PM

greeing

You are correct

And all the polls are agreeing a united Ireland is coming sooner then some want
But who are being polled?

We all know about polls, don't we?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top