Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 11:50 PM

Re: Controlling our Borders.

Imo, these people that sneak in on trucks etc, should be deported immediately. No application for asylum - nothing. They lost that right when entering illegally. A word which those above appear to have forgotten the meaning of.
They could have applied for asylum (if they are genuine)
ah spoken like a true blue liberal ozzie!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 11:56 PM

you are a small island with 65million [approx] - we are a bloody big island with 25 million - IF we can do it well -surely you can - come on little bros give it a try at least. Now you need to start with determination - any of that left? - then a "border force patrol" then more determination - then a few islands dotted about like the Isle of Wight for example - england does have hundreds of isles surrounding it were you can dump illegal immigrants right ? - any light bulb moments coming on yet ? - phew that was a bit tiring and i haven't even had me first coffee yet!

anyway if you could organize a reporting officer and get back to me when you've mulled a few ideas around I can give you more clues??

heh Nom I think we are pickin up pace here?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 12:38 AM

OK. Now I'll get into it The situation is that these isles have been invaded a fair few times over the last couple of millenia or so. It's always eventually settled down and has been accepted over time to be "for the best" and part of "evolution" with the invading forces creating a new and "better" way forward.

Obviously, the initial dozen to twenty or so generations had it rough, but assimilation worked both ways.

The "problem" (as I see it) is that "invasion" of these isles borders seem to come from a variety of different countries, cultures and needs. This is a somewhat new phenomena, and no doubt not unique given improved and simplified means of travel.

Historically, "invaders" came en-masse from a specific country with it's own beliefs and cultural backgrounds. Nowadays, it is far more complex as "they" come from all over the place, including regions which "we" invaded during the course of "our" Empirical expansion.

Thus, border controls are extremely complex since "we" aren't entirely sure who the invaders are, and as such cannot be entirely certain as to who our actual beneficial friends and the antithesis enemies actually are.

In short (at last, I hear you say), controlling borders is both a historic desire and simultaneously an anathema. No surprises that "we" don't really know what to do about it
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

21-09-2018, 03:56 AM

a case of the worm has turned perhaps? and now there are too many worms on the move?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top