Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:31 AM

Elderly woman beaten in home invasion

Locally, an elderly woman was resting peacefully in her bedroom watch TV at night. She thought she heard a noise in the living room and went to investigate.

She was confronted by a strong young man (age 18-22 she thought). Instead of fleeing, he beat her severely about the head and proceeded to rob the place.

She was knocked unconscious and was not discovered until the next morning when her daughter came to visit.

I saw the poor woman on TV video as she was wheeled away, and her entire face was swollen and mass a mass of black.

What is happening to our culture ? When I was a young man such a thing would have been unthinkable. Yes, there were criminals but they never would have beaten a defenseless old woman. Sure, some did snatch purses etc but to unmercifully beat her ? Heck no. At least not in any area I ever lived in.

All I can say is that he is a coward of the lowest order.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:42 AM

Re: Elderly woman beaten in home invasion

Quite a lot of that happening over here in Blighty too. The frail and elderly being beaten up and robbed in the streets or in their own homes. This sort of crime was unheard of in my younger days.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Quite a lot of that happening over here in Blighty too. The frail and elderly being beaten up and robbed in the streets or in their own homes. This sort of crime was unheard of in my younger days.
multiculturalism perhaps??
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 03:28 AM

And in Oz.
A lot of them are on drugs and don't know what they are doing.
Illegal and prescription.GP's are just pill pushers these days.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
And in Oz.
A lot of them are on drugs and don't know what they are doing.
Illegal and prescription.GP's are just pill pushers these days.
true we are becoming a drug motivated society!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
multiculturalism perhaps??
That is an unpleasant racist comment!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 09:06 AM

I hope they catch the scumbag!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Locally, an elderly woman was resting peacefully in her bedroom watch TV at night. She thought she heard a noise in the living room and went to investigate.

She was confronted by a strong young man (age 18-22 she thought). Instead of fleeing, he beat her severely about the head and proceeded to rob the place.

She was knocked unconscious and was not discovered until the next morning when her daughter came to visit.

I saw the poor woman on TV video as she was wheeled away, and her entire face was swollen and mass a mass of black.

What is happening to our culture ? When I was a young man such a thing would have been unthinkable. Yes, there were criminals but they never would have beaten a defenseless old woman. Sure, some did snatch purses etc but to unmercifully beat her ? Heck no. At least not in any area I ever lived in.

All I can say is that he is a coward of the lowest order.

Just as well she wasn't from the 'black' community then, could have been a Policeman that attacked her or even 'shot' her!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 10:59 AM

I can't speak for America but crime in the UK is increasing, as is this sort of evil and cowardly attack.

I think we all know the reasons. Thank you, Mrs May.

But it isn't entirely her fault. Decades of 'well meaning' do-gooders are responsible. Soft consequences quite simply encourage the criminal mind, just as much as our current lack of an effective police force.

The answers must be obvious to everyone.

I suspect that few would agree with me in wishing for the return of hard labour, corporal and capital punishment. Perhaps opinions might change when things become even worse.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 11:06 AM

[QUOTE=JBR;1523267]I can't speak for America but crime in the UK is increasing, as is this sort of evil and cowardly attack.

I think we all know the reasons. Thank you, Mrs May.

But it isn't entirely her fault. Decades of 'well meaning' do-gooders are responsible. Soft consequences quite simply encourage the criminal mind, just as much as our current lack of an effective police force.

The answers must be obvious to everyone.

I suspect that few would agree with me in wishing for the return of hard labour, corporal and capital punishment. Perhaps opinions might change when things become even worse.[/QUOTE]

Thank you the spokeman from the 'hang 'em and flog 'em' 'nasty party'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top