Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:31 PM

Good afternoon Friday

A belated good morning/ afternoon to all

A stormy morning here with more rain to come.

We popped into town earlier to do a bit of shopping, it was almost deserted there as folk must have decided to stay at home in the dry.

Enjoy the rest of the day... ☔️🌬
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Re: Good afternoon Friday

Yep certainly getting it bad down in the southwest. I have a few friends who I have spoken to on the phone and they are getting a battering.
Hang on in there it will soon be over.
We still have the blustery winds down here in the southeast but they are calming now compared to 2 days ago.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:53 PM

I normally miss the good morning thread so good afternoon to all.

Lovely here now, full sunshine just a bit blustery.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 02:00 PM

Good Afternoon. A terrible storm here last night!!!!!
The roof was blown off neighbours house, it hit the opposite front drive, trashed two cars, littered the road with debris, next door neighbour lost some roof tiles, they took the fascia board with them, that caused the cables to beak on the telegraph pole. The wind was storm force!!!!!
Police arrived and shut the road, Fire brigade then arrived and had to cut through with saws at about 2 am. The noise of the wind and the stuff blowing around!!!!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 02:04 PM

Quiet and peaceful here overnight. Never heard any wind so it must have gone around me. Rained heavy but nothing exceptional.
Today is the same. Just heavy showers.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 02:10 PM

We had high winds last night but no damage thank goodness. It must have been scary for the folk in the house that lost its roof.
I hope everyone is safe.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 02:18 PM

Back in the late 80's and 90's when storms were big behemoth storms I was scared I was going to lose my roof.
During one, where each driving gust made the roof literally groan and had me nibbling my finger ends ... I actually heard the roof make a loud thud and was scared it had lifted a little.

The next morning my shed roof was in next doors garden and a fence post was down.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 02:19 PM

A belated good morning everyone this wind is great for drying washing, I have done 5 loads and got most of it ironed.

Next job to wash and sterilise some jars in preparation for making hot and spicy red cabbage tomorrow.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
We had high winds last night but no damage thank goodness. It must have been scary for the folk in the house that lost its roof.
I hope everyone is safe.
That was my first thoughts last night, it started at midnight. I was out of my house so fast, I thought at first that someone was trapped in their car. No-one was hurt thank goodness, but the damage!!!!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

21-09-2018, 02:20 PM

I thought you were going to say you had to run around and collect it from your neighbours bushes for a moment there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top