Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:27 PM

Re: Other Social Media Platforms

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I like FB mostly for the interest groups, I like the abandoned places type, British Birds and craft groups, local selling pages are also good and local info pages, I wouldn't know about road closures etc. without them and of course my Steampunk Groups.
Plus Messenger is very good.
I don't look at my friend's pages very often and keep only a few as close friends so my stuff isn't visible to most.
I don't post family info or photos on it unless it's a wedding or big occasion, then only for family.

I don't have Twitter as I don't understand it.
I thought it was for celebrities to write stuff about themselves.
That sounds pretty much the way I use fb as well, Twitter can be a good source of information as well if you follow the right groups / people
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hi, Colin. I don't use FB because I found myself thinking negative things about friends whom I care deeply about.

I do like Instagram though. Since it's mostly photos (no memes, rants, etc.), it enables me to keep up with my immediate and extended family without all the narcissism, religion, and politics (that I prefer to hunt down myself in the form of news).

If I want to know what the people I are up to, I text...or revert to an ancient form of social communication call the "phone".

I suppose that makes me a social dinosaur .
Hi Sufermom,

I wonder if there is social media for dinosaurs that could be a gap in the market

I get what you say about fb though, you can get just too much information about people, I tend to use it quite a controlled way though, Instagram I just like to see the beautiful places that I am not at...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 08:47 PM

Merc Benz owners club

Skyscraper city

Talk photography

Here ....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 09:57 PM

I used to be addicted to facebook and was a very prolific poster but I then found I was getting really annoyed with things that I was seeing on there so I don't go on much anymore. I have an Auntie and lots of cousins and 2nd cousins over in America so I do like to keep in contact with them through facebook, I use messenger a lot.

I tried twitter and just can't get into it, I occasionally use instagram.

I am on another forum but very rarely go on it, I tend to spend just about all my social media time on here, it's the best there is out there.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:42 AM

I have a Facebook Page, I don't bother with anything else.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:02 AM

Hi

I have recently joined Facebook.

I have no friends, just joined for the local buy and sell groups and have had some good bargains, much cheaper than ebay.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:12 AM

I ]do have face book , I can see what my kids are doing , for instance my 48 yr old son was out at an 80s disco last night , I can nosey at his numerous girlfriends always very pretty but much younger than him !

My daughter rambles on about her friends and her life and what shes doing , so it's a source of info for me as I only see them once in a blue moon .

Now there are people on there who drive me bonkers with their persistent attention seeking , how and why they do it I don't know , conversations telling each other how much they love each other when they live together or see each other daily . Yes I know I should delete them but my curiosity gets the better of me .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I ]do have face book , I can see what my kids are doing , for instance my 48 yr old son was out at an 80s disco last night , I can nosey at his numerous girlfriends always very pretty but much younger than him !

My daughter rambles on about her friends and her life and what shes doing , so it's a source of info for me as I only see them once in a blue moon .

Now there are people on there who drive me bonkers with their persistent attention seeking , how and why they do it I don't know , conversations telling each other how much they love each other when they live together or see each other daily . Yes I know I should delete them but my curiosity gets the better of me .
I can't stand the cryptic posters, I guess that's a kind of attention seeking too.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 01:11 PM

I was out with a couple of friends yesterday afternoon and it makes me thoroughly understand why that kind of thing is so important. yes, we can chat and natter away on these forums forever but absolutely nothing can replace human side of conversation - the mannerisms, the banter without having to use a 'smiley' to describes one's emotions, etc.
Having a social life, albeit for a few hours once a week is incredible invaluable and nobody should ever lose that enjoyment.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 02:07 PM

I lead a very sheltered life! OFF is the only forum I use now. I used to be on facebook many years ago but not any longer as the first time I logged in after being "friends" with all my grandkids, nephews and nieces, I was able to sit there and watch their live conversations with they and their friends, I just could not believe the content and tone of their conversations!! The disgusting language, the anything goes conversations that would have been enough to make a Doctor blush, They seemed to have no shame at all in what they openly discussed. I honestly felt like an outsider listening at the door with a glass to my ear!!
I quickly excommunicated myself from FB and left them to get on with it.
Most definitely not my cup of tea!

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top