Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 12:18 AM

Re: Multiple Personalities

It would worry me if I had a partner who changed drastically when he'd had a few bevvies. I'd never know which was the real man, and I'd find that scary, especially if it happened often. I certainly wouldn't sleep with someone who stunk the bedroom out, burped, farted and vomitted all night - who would?
If he lost control through booze, it would make him unpredictable, and not the man I loved. If it happened frequently and he refused to recognise a problem, then I would take it as he didn't care for me enough - and I'd be off, no question about it.
If the tables were turned, I wonder how men would react if it was their wife instead?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 09:10 AM

I am pretty consistent, regardless.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I am pretty consistent, regardless.
Consistent in what though Paul that is the question..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 10:06 AM

My poem for the day is all about the perils of drinking too much booze. It is full of wise thoughts and stuff. One can learn so much from it.

Mark's booze poem.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 10:47 AM

I dont need drink to speak me mind or to be 'happy'
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 11:08 AM

Ditto!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 02:21 PM

Some of Shakespeare's writings about drunkenness

" O God, that men should put an enemy in their mouths to steal away their brains! That we should with joy, pleasance, revel, and applause transform ourselves into beasts! "..[+]

"It provokes the desire but it takes away the performance. Therefore much drink may be said to be an equivocator with lechery: it makes him and it mars him; it sets him on and it takes him off

"O thou invisible spirit of wine, if thou hast no name to be known by, let us call thee devil."

Wm, Shakespeare 1564 -1616
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 02:26 PM

Wise old Bard wasn't he .......
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Wise old Bard wasn't he .......
Yes Patsy .his writings are still true today.

The first time I encountered WS was in school aged 14, I took the part of Shylock in the MERCHANT Of VENICE, a much misunderstood and maligned character.

Aged 16 and I was fortunate enough to see ROMEO & JULIET at the Royal SHakespearetheatre in STRATFORD upon AVON.

THe play was stolen completely by a young JUDI DENCH playing the nurse

I have been besotted with her right up until the present some 50 years later.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 02:39 PM

I cannot drink. I used to enjoy wine... but now it just tears up my stomach and gives me the runs.. (I know, I know.. TMI) But it does so why bother? The momentary buzz is not worth it.

In the past, when I could drink, I found I could be a bit nasty and over the top.. so I really didn't drink much at all.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top