Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 07:44 PM

Re: Apple a day?

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Do you suffer from vascular diseases then b~v?
What? Since I was 27
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Oh, you need to watch that - mercury poisoning.

*snigger*

Stop that sniggering

I doubt that there is much we can eat with any degree of safety. I learned something new yesterday about why people die and it's nothing to do with what you eat or exercise, it's all to do with a little bit at the tip of the DNA strand that stops reproducing after about 40 reproductions. Eat what you like, you'll still die

Just remembered what it's called: the Hayflick Limit for those who want to depress themselves
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Stop that sniggering

I doubt that there is much we can eat with any degree of safety. I learned something new yesterday about why people die and it's nothing to do with what you eat or exercise, it's all to do with a little bit at the tip of the DNA strand that stops reproducing after about 40 reproductions. Eat what you like, you'll still die

Just remembered what it's called: the Hayflick Limit for those who want to depress themselves

Right, in which case pass me that big box of choccies, Mars bars, Snickers bars, Icecream, Fruit pies, and in condescention of the five-a-day, will drink a few glasses of Brandy (its made from fermented grapes!!!)
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 06:23 PM

yep uncle joe...i like my fermented grapes too
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 10:45 AM

I believe there is truth in the saying a apple a day. But I also believe that one must start eating these things early in life and at the right times in the day. A apple after meals is good for the digestive system well it helps me anyways.But in my early years I was never a fruit buff if anything I steered well clear of the stuff. But as you get on in years you tend to try anything to get rid of that beer belly. I also tried fruit smoothies all last year every day. I would take time at the weekends to make my supply and put it in the freezer so that all I had to do every morning was take two beakers of fruit out let it defrost and have them after my main meal. I feel it worked and was well worth the effort. A small plate of salad also is good along side most evening meals. Its all about digestion and also stopping eating 2 hrs before bed at night this makes you body feel healthy enough for exercising or even just walking and you start to feel a difference.
But sorry to say most of us Brits from big towns and cities are not taught this at an early age so by the time we realise its to bloody late our bodies are a mess.
So yes a apple a day can keep the doctor away imo.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top